1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

converted Rocket Fan.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by orateam, Dec 9, 2002.

1. WLH

WLH Member

Rockets fan since 1977, at age 6.

2. RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3 Member

Fan since the 5th grade, 1994... that makes me sound fair-weathery cuz that's when they were doing good, but they were the first team I ever heard of, so the name just sorta stuck in my head. Plus I live in Austin and had/have a good friend and cousin living in Houston, so that just made it easier to root for them. My fan...dom grows every year.

Been coming to this site since early 2000. (Didn't register until so late cuz normally I just scoured the boards, but never felt the need to register and post until you had to become a member to view the boards).

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i've been a rockets fan as long as i can remember...its great watching yao get this nation wide support. there have been few players in the history of the NBA that can draw fans to another team...looks like yao is becoming one of them :)

also its stuff like this that will get him into the all-star game. they see yao a 7'6 guy with amazing touch, instincts, learning really fast, and who has a great personality and they might give him some votes. plus he might get votes over shaq since some people hate shaq's game and think he is a bully with no skill (which i completely 1000% disagree with) and yao's game is a refreshing change.

we really are witnessing history with yao...kind of cool to watch

4. Grizzled

Grizzled Member

I’ll give you three guesses. ;)

5. pipilu

pipilu New Member

San Francisco Rochets fan because of Yao Ming.
    Good to see all of you!

6. true2Dream

true2Dream Member

rockets fans since 1986 when we moved to Houston and was really upset that when the rocks won the 2 championships I was away in college. finally made it back to TX but in San Antonio though......I admit that I haven't followed them much in the last 3 years especially without Hakeem, Charles or Horry/Cassell but I am back. I was soooo happy when they beat the Spurs

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Everyone loves a guy with such guts to cheer for the hot hand. You are the best fan ever! If you aren't part of the media, then well, you just suck. As FES would say, "Good Day....I said Good Day!"

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

rockets fan since i liked basketbal,what was pretty late since i did not grew up with basktbal.

9. sol705

sol705 Member

I used to be a Knicks fan, but haven't really been one since they overpaid Allan Houston. Management is incompetent, overconfident, and just downright moronic in what they do. They treat the real fans like crap, charging us 50 bux to sit in the nosebleeds, which is why every Knicks game is dead because like 90% of the Garden is sold out to Coporate accounts. Unless you're a stooge for some big corp like Merrill Lynch, odn't even try getting any tickets except oin the nosebleeds. I mean, how the heckdo you give Charlie Ward 50 mil?!?!? I just can't stand watching Knicks games, but I love basketball as a game, and since I'm Chinese, well I only started to watch Rockets games because of Yao. However, after watching all their games this year, I've become convinced that Franchise is actually better than AI (who is my FAVORITE NBAer). Rudy is a good coach who looks like he knows what hes doing, and on the whole I have to admire the job th front office has done assembling the talent on the roster, the team is 10 deep! Great upcoming team to watch, plus they don't just throw their money around like some other certain big market teams.

10. Surf_Cn

Surf_Cn Member

i was a big suns fan ten years ago, better than in the memory of happiness is that Yao come into Houston as NO 1 pick ,2002 draft.
    i apprecate every game whether rockets win or not.surely, i am a big rockets fan since Yao is bringing so much .
    G0 roCkets!:D

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You must have hated Hakeem and his Rockets then since they ousted the Suns in 94 and 95 playoffs. :D

12. orateam

orateam Member

Well glad to see I'm not the only one.

I don't know why I'm so interested in Yao. I think it has something to do with conquering ones fears against all odds. He bring a relative aspiration for me that is unseen in sports.

It's not unlike an athlete attempting to rediscover his greatness after a career ending injury, but even more.

Yao has EVERYTHING going against him.

1)he'd never played against the 'faster and quicker' competiton
    2)He has the pressure of opening up the sport to 2 billion folks.
    3)He has the history of his race's superstars coming to the NBA just to become bench fodder.
    4)He has the pressure of being a #1 pick
    5)Shawn Bradley.
    6)He'll never get rest, playing for China during the offseason and returning to the NBA shortly afterwards.
    7)Hakeem Olajuwan.
    8)The faded Ralph sampson (when has a 7'4+ had a sustained great NBA career?)

I'm rooting for Yao and the rockets.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I'm with my man Fever!
    Except I'm just homer enuff to believe that it will be next year or the year after. :D:p

Fan since the beginning...:cool: