1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming: Francis is the best guard of NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Dec 9, 2002.

1. windandsea

windandsea Contributing Member

I have saved up for my 1000th post for almost one month for "something big".

My last post was posted here at Nov 20th.

Then, it's Ming's 30 points and 16 boards.
    Then, it's Ming's first starting at NBA;
    Then, it's Ming's 27 points and 18 boards to "twin towers";
    Then, it's Ming's three straight double double.

What are you waiting for? I asked myself everyday.

I was waiting for the day that Yao Ming feels really comfortable at NBA and Rockets.

Today is the day. Yao Ming was nomineed the best player of last week. http://www.nba.com/news/pow_021209.html

And he has found the confidence in NBA.

This is the latest interview of Yao Ming. From Yang Yi, Yao Ming's good friend.

http://www.bjyouth.com/article.jsp?oid=2021390

Enjoy it and I have to cook for my daughter.

By the way, I am a female Rockets fan. ;)

I hid my gender in the past six months. I was afraid of losing my credits just because I am a woman. Basically, basketball is an area of men. In the past month, I began to post on the bbs of sina.com. I introduce everything of Yao Ming in Rockets to Chinese fans, just like what I did at here in the past six months. This time I used a famale name at sina.com and I found my posts were welcomed very much. Real fans don't care about the gender but only the thoughts. I feel relief now.

#1 windandsea, Dec 9, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2002
  2. moomoo

moomoo Member

So you and Yao Ming have a daughter?

:p

3. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great to have you back, w&s!

4. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

I think it is safe to say that WindandSea is not just the biggest female fan of Yao-za but possibly the biggest fan of any sex.

Blessed to have your insight :D

5. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I don't understand a word of this.

Can someone please translate?

-Curious
    :confused:

6. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

That is a great 1000th post W&S!

7. AMS_blackwidow

i donno how you did it but congratulations... wow...
    that must be like not eating for a couple of days... and then finally pigging out at an all you can eat :eek:

8. moomoo

moomoo Member

windandsea,

seriously, is this you?

[​IMG]

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Great to have you back. That was a double whammy. A scoop on Yao and on your much debated gender. Don't stay gone so long. We need you here.

p.s. Any chance of basic translation when you're not busy fixing dinner? I went to the link but when it started downloading Chinese characters, I figured I wouldn't be able to read it.

10. mprodrig

mprodrig Member

Somebody please translate!!!!!

11. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Oh yea, what does it translate to.

12. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

WELCOME BACK!!! Gosh, we've missed you in here windandsea. I hope that one of these days you can make it to Houston to catch a Rockets game.

AND, if they are giving out Yao Ming autographed T-shirts for filling out 300 ballots again, I'll fill 'em out and send you one!

13. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I tried babblefish......scary.

I did like this translation for Shaq though:

big shark fish O'Neill

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This is incorrect.

I am the biggest fan of any sex.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am the biggest fan WITHOUT any sex.

Married with infant = very very ....well, you get the picture.

Welcome back W&S.

DD

16. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

Congratulations on #1000. We will have free beer and tamales waiting for you and your family when you come to Texas .....

17. derrock

derrock Contributing Member

:D

18. albert57d

albert57d Member

part of what he said here is nowhe knows how to play divac . He wont loose to him again. Just as you saw his improvement the second time he played the SPurs compared to his first matchup with them . This will be the case too.

19. KnoxRocketsFan

Guys, I've translated part of it. The first couple questions are trival, like his feeling about the NBA. Here are the part of Steve and playing against Kings:

R (Reporter)
    Y (Yao Ming)

- On Steve and who is the leader of Rockets:

R: Is it time to touch the topic between you and Steve Francis…
    Y: I've read a lot of sayings like that... What I want to say is, never underestimate Steve, just like never overestimate me. I think Steve's body strength, his skills are actually
    better than Iverson. He is absolutely one of the best guards in NBA. I don't want
    to discuss who is the #1. I am a rookie only played 1/4 of a season. If somebody
    who wants to accliam us, I would like to hear "Steve and Ming"...

- On playing against Kings and Vlade Divac:

R: Next game you guys will play Kings. Still remember how Vlade Divac bullies you last time?

Y: Then you will see. You must have noticed the difference between the first and second time I played against Spurs, as well as the first and second time I play againsted 76er’s. So now it is the second time we play againsed Kings. I can tell you, I’ve already known how to deal with him. This time I won’t let him beat me.

20. ruyun5

ruyun5 Member

Here is the machine translation from babelfish, with my modifications.

NBA No Biggie

Yao Ming speaks frankly with us:

NBA is no biggie.

<ui>
    <li>When I first started I was always thinking about getting 2 points first in a game. But now I know I definitely could score points, and could do a lot more.

<li> There will be more Chinese that come here to play basketball. I will tell them that (NBA) - this is the average basketball
    </ul>

18 points 12 rebounds cut killed Philadelphia 76ers. nearly three wars averages each field takes down 20.3 minute 12.3 rebounds , since Yao is bright not only is the beauty which December most has wielded great power with great arrogance, after in entire alliance center's statistics also row big shark fish O'Neill. Side the Pacific Ocean that Houston or the late at night, in the foremost person in the field Xiu's tranquil expression conceals one excited.
    Yang Yi: Continuously third " two pairs ", only hit 27 minutes to Philadelphia this...

Yao Ming: The wheat ¿ËÂåÆæ (76 person of centers) move slowly, hits is quite easy. The key was the first that attack violates a regulation, lets me little hit the many time, but I thought that ball I have not violated a regulation.

Yang Yi: ²»Öª×ã, actually did not say from the overall, the judgement already very was good to you.

Yao Ming: This I acknowledge, may say the judgement does not like one beautiful treatment to mine treatment. Already hears the judgement can stare at beautifully tidies up you, Pakistan just came that met the son, looked like every other day is punished, might do not have to me like this. The estimate is my personal connection is quite good, hears hits Dallas time, calf boss storehouse Ban Jiu flushes the judgement side the field shouts: " His where is is beautiful, you simply regard as him the legendary star."

Yang Yi: Therefore in your heart was steadfast, was not?

Yao Ming: Heh heh, in the heart the steadfast certainly to be sure judgement gives. Just started the time thought today this ball I first 2 minute again say, resulted in 2 minute calculates has not handed over the blank examination paper. But in the now heart already did not have that kind of anticipation relaxed with ÊÍÈ» the feeling, I knew I definitely could score points, not only could score points, moreover could result in very mostly; Not only can result in very mostly, I also may snatch rebounds , the cap, the secondary attack, I also can handle the very many matters. Every time comes one to collude or to buckle the basket, every time spreads one attractive ball, thinks oneself very enjoys. That time I know, this field was belongs me.

Yang Yi: This kind of steadfastness, or said this kind enjoys, is from takes the next 30 minute in the Dallas one tone starts?

Yao Ming: After exactly is that ball to knight that one. You also remember, that ball second I once the durable right hand single-handed grasped next rebounds , in your ¸ê˹ card Si (knight center) in top of the head. That ball as soon as grasps in hand center, I know felt.

Yang Yi: This time, perhaps you have been real have some so-called experiences?

Yao Ming: Is not experiences me does not dare to say, but most more importantly such one kind of experience. I know later also will be able to have more Chinese comes here to play a ball game, I already raised the Tang due east with the rocket team's boss and are easy to construct the association these two players. I may tell them are, do not have to regard as this competition NBA hits, do not have to think this is you since childhood on looks, lets you on the television ìÅÄ¿ and the mountain ÑöÖ¹ competition, this is the average basketball. Possible they to have to have to face some pressures, for instance is easy to construct the association, on is such slightly fried by the media, but his only then first year hits CBA. Perhaps on his body pressure, certainly does not hit when first NBA me is smaller than.

Yang Yi: Projects on this situation, is should facing and ¸¥ÀÊ west between Si question time?

Yao Ming: I saw on the domestic media very many views, but I wanted to say, nobody had to underestimate ¸¥ÀÊ west Si, liked nobody must overestimate me same. Yesterday we hit 76 people, I thought ¸¥ÀÊ west Si's strength, his bodily strength, °¬¸¥É_ was actually stronger than; Possible he are °¬¸¥É_ are less than some in the divine and wonderful spirit, but he absolutely are one NBA most outstanding fullback. Who don't I want to discuss are eldest child's question, I only then were hit 1/4 match season beauty. If who said we hit well, I hope they said are " Yao bright - ¸¥ÀÊ west Si " combination.

Yang Yi: If you continue such performance again, without a doubt you can attain December best rookie

Yao Ming: Best rookie? humph...

Yang Yi: Next (on 11th) once more faces the king, but also remembers how above is enlightened Divac bullies?

Yao Ming: Then you wait to look. I first time hit the spurs and second change you see, first time hit 76 person and second time hits 76 person of you also sees. Then the now is second time hits the king, I were allowed to tell you, me already know copes with enlightened Divac means, this one I could not again lose to him.

#20 ruyun5, Dec 9, 2002
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2002