1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Help] Staying Rockets / NBA Fan After Nixed Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hightop, Feb 23, 2012.

1. dd89

dd89 Member

BRUTAL. LMFAO.

Message: life is gonna continuously crap on your face, just learn to take it and maybe even enjoy it.

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Not sure I follow. The LAL/Hou/NOLA trade was more about Cuban and few other GM's complaining that they didn't like the trade. IMO it was more against what LAL was getting and that they were rebuilding their dynasty on the back of NOLA which is NBA owned. Can't say I'd blame them. The Rockets being the middle man was just a casualty.

1 person likes this.
  3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

The league didn't say anything. I wrote Stern and told him the trade was crap and not to do it. So, you have me to thank for saving the team.

Seriously though, if you're aggravated about the suspected pro-wrestling atmosphere in the NBA today, I can't help you. But, if you're upset about the Rockets play or team as constituted, do yourself a favor and take a peek at the rankings. If you've been a fan as long as you claim, you should be able to recognize a good team. It wasn't long ago that we had a 30 win season.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I understand where your coming from but most Houston fans won't because they just believe in the team no matter if the owner/Gm/nba commissioner lies, screws then over or keeps taking them in circles and circles doing the same thing but expecting a different result. I love the Rockets just as much as the biggest Rockets fan but a lot of Rockets fans need to get off their knees, stand up and demand more versus just simply thinking everything the Rockets do is acceptable or what the league is doing is acceptable lets just win with what we have now. That's just not realistic. I'm glad we are doing good but i wish Houston people would put more pressure on the owners and management to win championships like New York, L.A. ect...

6. arjun

arjun Member

Shut your trap.

7. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Reigning*

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

If you bein a fan of the Rockets or the NBA depends on one blown trade...we won't miss you...

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Oh come on! Same thing..... Kinda. ;)

11. tmackeepsitreal

Cool story bro

12. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Please! Let the door hit you on the way out!

13. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

[​IMG]

14. ashiin

ashiin Member

For a guy who's been a "fan" for 41 years, you certainly give up on the team easily. Go to Dallas or something.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I TOTALLY relate to where you're coming from after watching MLB make a mockery of the game. And that was long BEFORE the Astros move to the AL.
    Baseball was my first love, but they crossed the proverbial line way too many times, so much so that it disappeared. This was a gradual erosion.

That said,

Good God man. Get a grip on yourself. :cool: This is the NBA we're talking about. You're supposed to be a basketball fan..ergo fanatic. Don't let fixed games, Herr Stern, and labor stoppages get in the way of enjoying awesome hoops.

CC

One item that probably is nothing - What about this rumor about Marc coming over to play with his brother? (instead of NeNe)

If this wasn't happening then Stern saved us from ourselves......

16. Hightop

Hightop Member

Thanks. It's more an issue with the NBA. The Rockets are causalities. They did nothing wrong. I'm pissed that they were not allowed to try and improve while bringing in some marquee players. Some people are missing the point...

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This has to be one of the funniest pictures I have seen on here lmfao :grin:

18. senter

senter Member

19. Red&BlackPudman

Thank you! I honestly couldn't agree with you more. 20-14 at the break was miles and miles better than anything I thought would happen.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.