1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Headphones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ferrari77, Feb 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

LOL @ "portable" name in Amazon's link. :grin:

Some aren't? :confused:

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Is there a specific reason you want behind the neck ones? Can't imagine they sound as good as real ones. And if you want them for sports wouldn't good in-ears be a better choice?

4. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Out of those two, probably the Koss. However, I haven't heard either of those two. The C75 shares the same driver as the Koss Portapro and that receives rave reviews for its performance to value. However the C75 is rather cheaply build. There's also the Koss Sportapro.

Check out Headfi.org there's some good reviews for the C75.

5. ferrari77

The reason I'm getting the headphones is that I'm giving them to someone and the person hates the in-ear/ear buds but also wants headphones to use when working out. The person prefers this type for some reason. Meh.

Thanks for the recommendations so far.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think they're referring to the fact the headphones are designed to be use with portable players.

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

8. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

BEATS.

9. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. kona-

kona- Member

Bose > Beats.

By alot...

12. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

In terms of what? Either way that's not saying much, both very overpriced in terms of sound quality. Bose is great at noise-cancellation and comfort though. Doesn't matter, isn't what OP is looking for.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Beats are garbage for their price range, bass is muddy and the highs/mids aren't as clear as in other hadphones with the same or lower price. You pay for the name and design. Same with Bose, not highly regarded for nearly the same reasons.

Ferrari, I checked the Koss 75s and gathered opinions from people that really are deep into headphones. 95% recommend them and say they sound way better than some headphones for over 100$. In terms of sound they are a definite recommendation. If you consider between those two, you can't go wrong with the Koss, trust me.

14. liljojo

liljojo Member

If he's giving them as a gift, it really depends on the person who he's giving them to. A lot of people out there either don't care or don't hear the difference in quality and just want a decent pair of cans that look stylish and has loads of bass. If that's the case, the person will probably appreciate Beats more than anything else you give them.

If they know anything about sound quality, though, you should definitely look elsewhere.

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The person obviously wants them for comfort and practical reasons, also the ones ferrari presented are in the 20$ range, so I highly doubt he aims for something in the Beats range.
    Koss 75 are the best he can get for what the person wants.

16. ferrari77

Thanks again for the recommendations guys.
    Yung- I was just about set on the Koss'. Seemed like what you said, everyone recommending them.
    (Also, it always cracks me up how headphone conversations always delve into "Beats".:grin:)

Let me apologize to y'all. I checked with the person I was planning to give the headphones too and I got it wrong.

The person want's "non-bulky/DJ" headphones
    rather headphones like these

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRNC7-BLK-Canceling-headphones/dp/tags-on-product/B001EYU3L2

http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-Uprock-Headphone-S5URDZ-134-Black/dp/B004MWL6AA

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD228-Headphone-Optimized-Players/dp/B001UE6HZM

What do y'all think of the above and do you guys have any others in mind that you think are better( in the $15-30 range)?

Thanks again

17. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

the guy is either deaf or ignoramus.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Koss FTW.

I have the PortPro

19. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

black???? :confused:

I got Mrs. SwoLy the cheap $29 urBuds ironMan sweat-proof in-ear hook-around-ear move-less headphones. Look for them near the fitness section of the electronics store. She loves them even though she hated in-ear because they hardly move while she works out and give great sound and don't hurt her ears like the regular iPhones do.

#19 SwoLy-D, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  20. Acedude

Acedude Contributing Member

I'm OFFENDED by your racial remarks. :eek:

I simply countered his overpriced mediocre headphones with another. ;) Though some Beats are thought to be pretty decent, for the price they are a ripoff.

I mainly use the Audio Technica M50, and a cheap set of Sennheiser's at work.

Most behind the neck headphones suck. This isn't exactly a "non-bulky" but Guitar Center has a pair of AKG's for 19 bucks, retail for $40 on Amazon, 4.4/5 stars.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/AKG-K-4...3514-i1469833.gc?CJAID=10449560&CJPID=1225267

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K44-K-44M...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1