1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shortness of Breath

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Obito, Feb 14, 2012.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Wow, someone has a boner crush on Tracy.

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

They see you rolling...
    they hating....
    patrollin and trying to catch you ....:grin::grin:

3. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I mentioned it earlier, but I don't know if anyone saw it...get your thyroid checked too. My coworker was having anxiety attacks and the Doctors figured out he had hypothyroidism causing a bunch of symptoms. Once he got the proper thyroid medication, he's been feeling great.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Thanks Batman. I agree Xanax is very addictive. It was honestly last resort for me because I've seen Xanax (or bars in general) destroy some of my friends lives. The doctor told me to only take a quarter before I'm about to go sleep or else I'll be like a zombie. I feel much better, the more I find myself not thinking about it, the better I feel.

I took the day off from class and work, relaxed, started reading Atlas Shrugged again. I'm getting back to normal.

I'll be sure to ask my doctor about the thyroid thing when the blood work comes back in a few days.

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Is Xanax physically or mentally addicitve? In other words, is your body craving it or is your mind craving it?

6. Obito

Mental and after a certain point, physical.

Xanax or (bars as they're referred to down here) give you the same effects smoking weed does except times like 10. It basically makes you a lifeless corpse.

When I got my tattoo my friends told me to take a bar so I wouldn't feel any pain but I decided to just take the pain (whole right back tatted, 7 hour session). Plus it makes your blood thicker.

Psychedelics are the ones that your mind craves (i.e shrooms, dmt).

7. LonghornFan

I don't know what you're taking, and no it does not. Not even close. It's just a relaxing feeling, calms the nerves. Bars down here in Houston are the ones made in Mexico and look nothing like the footballs that are real Xanax. Those are dangerous and can knock you the hell out. If you're taking the real deal from a DR. and going by his scheduled prescription, and especially only a 1/4" of one, you should barely feel anything.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I take Xanax on transatlantic flights to fight nerves and I've never felt "dead". Sleepy maybe. Now Xanax and booze might make you feel funny I've heard. I'm too scared to end up like Whitney Houston though.

9. Obito

I don't feel anything, I'm going by what my friends use to tell me but then again some of them were barheads. They would take like 2 before the club, wouldn't talk much, & by 2 am they were knocked out on a couch.

Last night was the first time I ever took one & it was a quarter.

10. LonghornFan

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they were taking the Mexican bars which used to be very plentiful and abused. Those things are really bad, like lose your teeth bad. I used to know people who would take them to come down from cocaine/speed/etc back in college and it made me ill to see what would happen to them. Scary ****.

11. LonghornFan

BTW- Stay on the DR's orders and do not take more than a 1/4 if it works, and only take when needed. You DO NOT want to become addicted to Xanax. I've seen it literally ruin peoples lives. It's basically synthetic heroin.

12. droopy421

droopy421 Member

[​IMG]

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Same with me. I take 2 .25 gram tablets when I fly 6+ hours. It helps me sleep. Not a good sleep, but better than nothing. If I wake up after a few hours, I feel coherent enough to carry on conversations, watch videos, eat, etc.

I suspect I don't take near enough to get addicted. I have no deisre to take them at all except for the very long flights and even then, it's not a craving. If I happen to forget them, it wouldn't be a big deal. On those trips that I do take them, I don't drink during the flight, just to be on the safe side.

14. SacTown

SacTown Member

Well, the OP was diagnosed with anxiety, right in line with my comment. Are you still LOL'ing at my advice because I'm not a doctor? Most doctors don't know that much about anxiety, hell nobody knows much about it except those of us who have experienced it. Anxiety is a mystery to most experts.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Xanax should be a treatment of last resort for anxiety. Benzos are effective treatments but Valium, Klonopin and Ativan are less dangerous (in reverse order). In other words, Ativan is the mildest.

Klonopin is what I take. It also has the benefit of being long-acting, so if I take 0.5 mg in the morning it typically preempts attacks for most of the day. If I have one later I take another 0.5 or if it's particularly bad 1 mg.

I doubt a psychiatrist would prescribe you Xanax first and I doubt he/she would tell you to take it before sleep. It would be more common to take a less risky drug and to take it at the time of the attack or in the morning.

16. NerdJames

NerdJames Member

its all in ur head mang, when u think u have that shortness of breath and start breathing too fast thats when u start blackening out

17. Chamillionaire

Why would I get banned? Spew the same garbage, isn't that the exact same thing someone else said? Failed twice.

18. Chamillionaire

Oh yeah they are serious. Lol.

19. Chamillionaire

Synthetic heroin? I think you might be thinking of hydrocodine. Pain killers are opiates, not benzos.

20. Chamillionaire

I lied, so sue me.