1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

WHY THE HELL NOT!!??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yao1134, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yao1134

Yao1134 Member

cuttino mobley
    kenny thomas
    moochie norris
    eddie griffin
    1st rd pic
    cash

elton brand
    quenton richardson
    keyon dooling

that was a rumor on espn alternate. if u have DISH network u might have it. elton brand said if they dont make it this year he wont re sign. anyone like this trade???

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I would like to apologize for moving this into the Rockets Forum. :(

3. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Brand, huh?

Sign him up! :D

4. JLB

JLB Member

I've got to go to sleep.....I think I am seeing triple vision. No wait he really did make three threads within an hour.

As far as the "trade" I would do it and deal with the Steve/Cuttino thing later. Tito just might be able to play the backup PG if Moochie is not here.

5. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

Brand? anytime man!!!! what? we will lose EG and Cat? no prob man!!! but will CLippers really do such trades? that will be a question...... but the 1st and 2nd pick from the same draft playing in the same team? have this ever happens b4?

imagine... a lineup of

Ming
    Brand
    Rice/whoever.....
    Hawkins
    Francis

Sounds good to me.... Ming, Brand, Rice, Francis on offense....whoa..... Ming, Brand, Hawkins on defense.....devastating!!!! :p

6. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Member

Yao1134:

trade for Brand is a good idea and exactly what I'm thinking. the problem is the Clipps have no room for another two power forwards (just drafted Wilcox and Ely.) K.T. has to go somewhere else.

in my previous post I suggested a 3-way deal:

Hou receive: Elton Brand & Brent Barry
    LAC receives: Mobley, Griffin, and a 1st round pick from Houston
    Sea receives: Kenny Thomas & Piatkwoski

Clipps: like always, they traded their star for cheap talants (Griffin, Mobley, and draft pick) Starling'd love to save $30 mil. in the next 4 years.

Sonics: Rashard's playing out of position at 4 since Baker traded. K.T. gives them a solid 4 and Piatkwoski is a good replacement of Barry to come off bench behind Desmond Mason.

Rockets: just look at this lineup:

Yao Ming, Cato
    E. Brand, Taylor
    T. Morris, Nachbar
    B. Barry, Hawkins
    Francis, Norris

the Rockets'll donminate the next decade baby!

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Because it just wrong. You shouldn't smoke crack and then post on CC.net.

By the way, I know Hawkins is a good defender, maybe the best on our team, but that doesn't even put him in the top half of defenders through out the league. I like the guy, but he hasn't earned Mario Elie status and I doubt he ever will. I'm just saying that some guys need to chill and not get so worked up about him so that they don't set themselves up for a big let down.

8. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

I have allways be for the Brand trade, I'm sure Francis would be too. Getting Brand would make Francis say, "Mobley who?"

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Almost all of your thread titles have been ALL CAPS. Stop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.