1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin Appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

No, they're gonna love him at first. Then be like WTF like Houston is :eek:

Dude is a great scorer but has troubles scoring at will. He just gets what the defense gives him or flops so he can shoot free throws.

BUT when the game's on the line he rarely does anything special.. He's almost as bad in the 4th Q as LeBron.. but LeBron can pass, rebound and defend.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Just imagine him standing next to Bron is a thing of ridicule. He is a stick figure kid next to the 250 pound mass of muscle.

3. HOUROCKETS713

HOUROCKETS713 Member

we don't suck :p , some of our role players do ;)

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I know.. I'm a skinny dude too but he only a few pounds heavier than me and he's got me by almost a foot..

5. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

Very impressed by Martin play tonight...if he can start playing like he did tonight or how he played scoring last year, we will have a huge boost...especially if he starts playing d like he did tonight...I really liked him last year, this year has been down but hopefully this is confident boost he needs to stay going strong...good game!

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He will be around for some time. :)

7. rawool

rawool Member

What's up with Martin? Last three games:

MIN: 2pts, 1-10 10%
    DEN: 8pts, 1-9 11%
    Tonight: 4pts, 2-5 40% but only played 11 mins

8. valorita

valorita Member

this year without the free-throws martin becomes a boom/bust player.
    before, he used to always get his due to the freebies at the line.
    he should sue the nba for discrimination lol.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He is getting targeted.

This is BS.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Damn you shooting slump!!! :mad::mad::mad:

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Trade Fools Gold!

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Kevin Martin is like that moody girlfriend

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

i remember how people were saying that martin was in a shooting slump in the beginning of the season when he was still getting 10-15 points a game.

but this...THIS is a shooting slump

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Martin is a good pro. He saw that Courtney Lee was playing well this game, and I bet he told McHale to keep him in as long as he's playing at a high level. I know he's done that in the past.

1 person likes this.
  15. rawool

rawool Member

You're right. I forgot to consider Lee's play today; he was shooting well. I didn't know he did that in the past. That's good of Martin.

16. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I've always liked Martin, but if you're morey you gotta be shopping him IMO.

It doesn't even have to be a big time blockbuster trade

Start lee and move bud to SG then bring Marcus morris into the rotation.

17. Homie3

Homie3 Member

Wait... hold up... are we talking about this team's leading scorer right now? Despite the past bad games, Martin is still averaging almost 20 pts per game right now. So we should trade him away and add more role players on this team that already lacks consistent offense?!

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Well before you get to offended. I have always loved Martins game. But yes, when your leading scorer has this many consecutive games where he just disappears, he probably shouldn't be your leading scorer.

If Martin did things other than score, than it'd be different. But if you can package a trade around Martin for some decent players and a nice draft pick, than you do it in a heart beat.

I'm all for draft picks after watching Rivers tonight! ;)

19. conquistador#11

no rebuilding team is going to give you a good pick for martin or their good players. The best you can do is unload him for a trade exception and a second round pick, like LA did with Odom.

Anyways, how about all the times Martin has kept you in games with his scoring? So he's had one really stinker of a road trip, and a three game stint at the beginning and you just want to give him away? Glad some of you guys are not the GM. the uber star pau gasol has had 10 games in the last month were he's averaged 14 or less points. sure he still grabs 9 rebs+ but he's 7 feet tall and around the basket.

Martin is going to come around and give you 20pts a game again like always. And you might want to keep track of the game log for his opposing match up. Contrary to the haters, his matchup doesn't score as much as he does. not even close.

like omgz. =/

20. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Last night was not a bad night for Martin.