1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amar'e Stoudemire's brother killed in car crash

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Feb 6, 2012.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/kn...es-brother-hazell-killed-in-florida-car-crash

RIP Hazell Stoudemire.

2. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

**** happens....

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Say what you want about him as a player, but Stoudemire has had a lot of family issues to overcome in his life, even before this tragedy. The fact that he has been able to succeed to the extent he has with all these issues is a testament to his work ethic and focus.

Condolences to Stoudemire and his family.

4. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

very sad...

^^ What family issues did he have? I never read up on his story.

5. VBG

VBG Member

That's harsh and douchey. Yeah, **** happens but come on have some class.

Condolences to Amar'e. Losing a sibling at a young age in a random accident is tough.

6. iamabuddhist

iamabuddhist Member

life is cruel, cherish one another while we can.

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, I think his mother has been in and out of jail his whole life, even after he has been in the NBA. I remember he had to come bail his mother out of jail after she had a drunk driving arrest a few years back. I think his father died when he was young as well.

8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Condolences to the Stoudemire family.

neg rep

9. iamabuddhist

iamabuddhist Member

the world is a cruel place, our existence as human beings are fragile and miserable. family, friendship, love, affection, basketball are the things that give us reason to believe in god, this thing we call god.

10. iamabuddhist

iamabuddhist Member

hopelessness and depression is hard to overcome.
    meaning in life.
    i'm a religious person, plant good deeds, say good things, do good things, help others,
    think about the people in ethiopia,think about famine, think about the our brothers and sisters' living conditions,
    think about catastrophic events, think about human crimes, think about sufferings of every kind.

it's 2012 already, let's plant good deeds.

11. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Gotta respect Amare for overcoming all that. Feel really bad for him to go through yet another terrible thing. :(

12. iamabuddhist

iamabuddhist Member

correction, i'm a spiritual person, not religous.

13. iamabuddhist

iamabuddhist Member

typo. religious.
    all the commotions of so called religion are perverted and distorted.

but truth is truth. jesus is jesus. mohammed is mohammed.

all the spiritual, enlightened sages througout the course of human history especially from the ancient past who have right understanding of the concept of religion.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Who are you correcting? What's with the philosophical discussion? It's alright to have your point of view, you don't need to defend yourself preemptively.

At any rate, best wishes to Amare; nothing insulates you from 'suddenness'. I hope he is able to come to peace with this quickly.

15. iamabuddhist

iamabuddhist Member

typo. Muhammad.

sorry, please don't suspend my account because of these kind of posts.
    death and suffering have gotten me pondering about life, way of life, existence and the beyond.

16. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Negative rep bro... Not a good look!!!

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Its like say I believe in this crap, but its not the same crap as everyone else.

18. Raven

Raven Member

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

19. iamabuddhist

iamabuddhist Member

spiritual truth isn't crap. i should've clarified what i meant was religious and spirtual are two different words, but it's the feeling that matters, the yearning for truth and ultimate meaning of life and the beyond.

so, i'm both religious and spiritual. i think fasting is a good practice. not eating meat is good. not to commit sin is good, hold yourself to high morals and ethics is what i meant by being both religious and spiritual.

it's all about wisdom, virtue, helping other people, even sacrifice your own personal life like jesus christ did and enlightenment, and truth.

20. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

You're not going to get suspended man, your posts are thoughtful and you are new.

Just know that, generally, that ANYTHING other than basketball is not methodically discussed here, rather such inquiry is welcomed in the Hangout as well as the Debate and Discussion forum sections. Your posts would be well-placed there, as the powers that be try to keep the NBA Dish and the GARM bereft of external conflicts that are inevitable whenever we stray the conversation away from anything other than simple, black and white X's and O's.

Also, don't waste extra posts correcting your typos. People misspell every other word on here and still get their message across. If you want, donating money to the site, which is run out of pocket and the charity of our community will give you a "contributing member status" as well as search and editing privileges.

Welcome to the board.