1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/4/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Portland, Rockets, Utah, Minnesota will be fighting for 8th spot. We are not that bad, this is not the best tour team can me.

Lowry and Scola really need to get it together quick. Dalembert needs to go into beast mode. Their play has been below expectations and a major part of the reason for our woes.

We havent had a good run where everyone is clicking. When the starters were good the bench sucked, now the bench is good but the starters suck. When everyone clicks we will look different.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You know we need more scoring, yet he left Parsons in there all 2nd half, and never went to CBud....

And he has probably our best scoring SF playing for the Vipers.

Just doesn't make a lot of sense.

I hate defense only ball, it is boring, and a losing proposition, we have to be able to score the ball to win.

DD

3. DaDakota

BTW - I would like Lowry to rebound less, and be moving up the court for the outlet pass, he is deadly in transition and we need to get more early offense as our half court offense is putrid.

DD

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

And what are you basing this on?

There are tons of stats that support the fact that Lowry is better even when Brooks was here, including the team performing worse when Lowry was hurt.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

We are done..coz we just lost the season series with Min

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Unless you think the Grizzlies are going to be in the Playoffs automatically those 4 teams will be fighting for two spots in the Playoffs.

Right now I would say
    Lakers
    Thunder
    Spurs
    clippers
    nuggets
    mavs

are the only 6 locks.

With Utah, Houston, Memphis, Minnesota, Portland fighting for the last 2

7. DaDakota

Wins and losses - that is all that matters.

DD

8. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

FYI. After watching this game, aint no way in HELL trading Scola for Gasol was a good trade. Scola's heart & hustle outweigh anything Gasol would've given us.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scola:

"I didn't know what happened. I was on the floor. I know I was on the floor but didn't know why he stepped on me. I think we were playing better before that. It was just one play. I am angry with the foul they didn't call before that. I just don't know what happened. Played better in the second half than first half but we have to play 48 minutes. You give up a 13 point advantage on the road, it's hard to come back. You should never let a team get ahead 13 or 15 or 17 points ahead. Everyone wants to win and play hard but we have to find a way to do it. We have to find the way we want to play, that is comfortable for us. I don't care about that play. The game is over. Game is over. I don't want to talk about it that much. That didn't change the outcome of the game. Minnesota won because they played better than us. Refs will always try to make the right calls, sometimes they make mistakes."

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The Rockets won't "fight" for anything. Even after a face stomp Scola & the boys didn't respond to defend themselves or protect their own!
    Scola is soft! first Derek Fisher & now Kevin Love.
    Time to press the amnesty button.
    If a female ref would have stomped Scola, then maybe Lowry would've jumped in. But no dice.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are asking for a lot.

The main thing a superstar brings is the sureness that he will go out and bring it every night. He will make up for anyone that doesn't bring it that night.

As the team is constructed. A few borderline all-stars and role players...all that will happen is guys will constantly go through their streaks.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

All those streaks eventually lead back to 500. One game over for the 8th seed or one game under just missing the playoffs again.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's about the stupidest point I have ever heard that justifies Brooks having as big of an impact as Lowry.

Is Mario Chalmers having as much of an impact as Lowry?

14. Rockzilla

Rockzilla Member

LOL Rockets such a pathetic embarrassing team. McHale=McFail. Sorry but its the cold blooded truth. This team will slowly hit rock bottom with McFail. Enjoy it.

15. DaDakota

I am not going to argue this again, but for the record, I think AB was just as good as the starter during his MIP year as Lowry was last year, and the win/loss record pretty much bares it out.

They are different players, and I like them both, I would prefer to have a better scoring threat at the point, and I was hoping Lowry would continue to improve, but so far this year, he has regressed.

Today was the best game he has had in weeks....we need that.......from him, every single game.

DD

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Heh likely, hopefully though Portland or Minny will get that spot. I really can't find myself rooting for this team to get the 8th seed so that they can just be swept by the Thunder...

When the alternative is probably two picks in the lottery vs playing the Thunder then I'll go with the draft. Especially since everyone thinks it is so deep this year.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lowry is better than Brooks and it's not even close.

I wonder if Brooks will ever get a starting gig again. He cant even average 5 assists in China.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He hasn't regressed this season. He was having an All-Star season before last month. What you mean to say is he regressed the last month, which I would agree.

+/- Lowry has always had a bigger impact than Brooks. To justify a player's impact with win/loss is like saying Robert Horry has a bigger impact in the playoffs than Jordan because he has more rings.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Im pretty convinced Lowry has just been gassed due to the brutal schedule.

He whipped Rubio today

20. DaDakota

Lowry is different than Brooks.

Brooks is a Tony Parker like scoring point, Lowry is more the set up type.

You can win with both.

DD