1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets among teams interested in Chris Kaman

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nadman89, Jan 27, 2012.

1. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

How do you get Al Jefferson from Utah? Have you heard anything about them not needing him? If they are ready to ride the Enes/Favors/Millsap train then they could acquire Kaman and ship us Al Jefferson and I'll be fine with that.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6ltl65k

Summary:
    NO gets Luis/Thabeet/Flynn
    Utah gets K-Mart/Kaman/Dragic
    Hou gets Jefferson/Hayward/Harris

Leaves us with a frontcourt with Dalembert/Jefferson/Hill/P Pat, wings are Parsons/Bud/T Will/Morris, with Lee/Lowry/Harris in our backcourt. I'm not optimistic about this summer's FA, but starting next season we would have $33mil in expiring just between Jefferson/Dalembert/Harris = Morey assets because they are productive players as well as trade assets. Usually Morey doesn't like to load our cap, but you do so if you don't think this summer will be friendly to Houston. We could still sign Omer Asik and move another big man.

Wildcard would be New Orleans, I wouldn't want to give them Morris or a draft pick. Luis + $9mil in expiring is enough for Kaman.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

I once heard this team without Yao and Tmac wins less than 10.

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

That article shows all the teams that might have interest in Kaman and what they have to offer. It looks like Houston really has the best shot since we've got the expiring salary to send back. NOBODY is going to give productive young players on favorable contracts for Kaman. NOLA can have our busts and a 2nd rounder, take it or leave it.

4. konver5ation

konver5ation Member

Edit: Leaves us with a backcourt of Lee/Hayward/Lowry/Harris*

5. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

We had Luis Scola :grin:

6. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DaDa, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
    Don't get me wrong.I'd like to see a playoff run this year ...and depending on the direction we go, it could still happen with a move of Sam. Making the playoffs is there for us but how far would we really go?

I will never be a "tanker" by a longshot. But it would seem that we are shooting for next year/year after at the at the earliest....possibly a rebuild if we can't get the right pieces. Personally, a long term perspective would be nice in my book....don't want Les to try to force it as we are positioned well with capspace and assets(I know people don't like that word, but it's applicable)..We've been patient this long and if it was just up to Morey, I'd have full confidence that we will make a killing WHILE ALSO heading in the right direction.

Either way it's pretty exciting to see our strategy unfold.

Plow

7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Boston said they'd take him...if NOLA buys him out and cuts him.

GSW said they'd take him...but they only have Brown (damaged goods who can't be traded yet) AND only have 2nd round picks AND they aren't willing to part with any young players for Kaman.

I don't think the league GMs have the same price on Kaman as Dell/Stern has. You have to think they NOLA has to do something fairly quickly since they've told Kaman to not travel with the team. The clock is ticking and his value drops by the day.

8. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

How low have we gotten on the center department? we're begging to land Yao's personal bi**h back in the day. "you can't fu***ng stop me"... That's the only thing i remember about Kaman.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No, you don't. Dude is a horrible defender, despite the bpg. He's a relatively inefficient scorer (47% for a C/PF), and he gets paid $15 million next year. His rebounding is also down this year, though still decent.

I'm not sure you want him at all, much less for giving up just about anyone.

All the same can be said about Amare, too, though he gets paid more.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He would give us a legitimate post option, which McHale seems to want.

I think he would help us a ton.

DD

11. Pete the Cheat

I have been back and forth on the Big Al bandwagon. I think he fills a definite need, but at what cost?

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the 15,000,000 he stands to make next season. YUCK!

1 person likes this.
  13. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I agree with you DD. The only legit post player we have had since Yao went out is Scola. But this year he has declined in the post game department.<p>If we were to add a legit post presence, that will make us a really good team (if Scola is the only main piece we give up). And for those that talk about Jefferson defense must not watch Scola at all.<p>My heart says keep Scola, but my head says if we are a playoff team we might as well take a chance and get a inside threat (Jefferson). Plus we will only have 1 more year of that contract and Scola will have 3 more years.

14. Pete the Cheat

true, but Scola's contract becomes a bit of an eyesore the next 3 years...

15. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

The last year of Scola's deal is mainly non-guaranteed, and we can always amnesty Scola if we need to -- we can't do that with Amare.

16. tested911

tested911 Member

I can't remember Yao ming saying that to Kaman.. But I do remember something like that against Atlanta...

17. Pete the Cheat

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Jss1xEzh5b4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Thabeet, Hill, Twill, Flynn and a 2nd rounder. Get er done Morey!!!!!!!!!

19. Pete the Cheat

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/houston.htm
    I don't see a team option on his last year. Do you have another source you are pulling that from?

20. meh

meh Contributing Member