1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade Lowry+ for Melo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCAhmed, Jan 27, 2012.

1. alethios

alethios Member

I guess that why they took shots at each other, cause Karl really didn't want him to leave.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets...melo-anthony-im-sure-he-was-tired-of-me/3377/

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets...onds-to-nuggets-coach-george-karl-today/3170/

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

"Screw this team, no stars!"

Would you trade Player A for a star?

"NO!"

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

They lost Chauncey Billups... he was an underrated component of Denver in his time with Melo. Nene is an excellent player as well. The thing is they're not just matching what they did with Melo, they're doing even better. That's because NY overpaid to get him. Let's not make NY's same mistake.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Melo has the reputation of a star but perhaps not the ability. If he is a star, it's a very low-end star whose perception around the league is better than the actual player.

5. devin23

devin23 Member

Not for lowry, everyone else+picks? Yea

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

I don't think melo plays winning basketball and we would probably have to give a lot for melo. This would be Tmac situation 2.0, first round losses and in 6 years were back here again.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

When Melo stated he wanted out of Denver, there was a huge push from Houston to acquire him. I remember seeing (and posting on fb) a picture of Melo in an all red Rockets Uni with a red shooting sleeve. This was very much real

8. coweye

coweye Member

No No No and No. Melo stands for everything I hate in the NBA. He is not a Team first player.So he is not a fit for our Head Coach.

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Oh hell f'in yeah. I wouldn't give it a second thought. What is Lowry shooting the last 4 games, like 5%? SELL FAST, SELL HIGH, SELL NOW!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I dont know. The Knicks have been pretty horrible with him and he has shown signs of regressing as well. I might stay the course and try to get something less expensive and keep Lowry at the same time. Maybe? Depends on what they want. He is not worth what they gave up for him anymore. Seeing as how that deal has worked out so far.

11. Miracles Boys33

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Lowry shot a higher percentage than melo today

13. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

You guys are crazy homers if you wouldnt trade Lowry and fillers for Melo. Like homers to the point where your opinions are Billy Madison-esque. We are all dumber for having heard them, and may God have mercy on your souls. Thats a deal you do every time. If we have our preference, we give them Kmart and Dragic and fillers/picks but i dont see that happening unless a third team gets involved.

Also, the Nuggets didnt get better just because Melo left, they got better because of what NY gave up for Melo (Chandler, Felton, Gallinari, picks and cash). Knicks GM Donnie Walsh realized how asinine a trade it was but was overridden by the owner, so he resigned his GM spot.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its not that the Rockets wont do the deal. Its just that it has shown Melo is not worth as much as he once was now.

15. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Absolutely, depending on the package.

No way, do we give any of our starting bigs in Scola or Dalmbert. Nor should we give up Courtney Lee or Dragic if we are giving up Lowry. That being said, everyone else would be up for grabs. This team is too deep at some positions where we have log jams, Lowry is easily one of if not the best player this season, but the talent of Melo is hard to come by.

Not to mention if we trade he quick enough, Lowry and probably Martin can lead the Knicks to make noise in the eastern conference and we can hopefully bomb enough to get a higher draft pick.

But no way, does it happen, Melo would never be the same after such a embarrassment. They are more likely to fire the coach first.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Do it now. Do it yesterday. Do it tomorrow.

17. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Nope. We have plenty of one-dimensional offensive players as it is.

Lowry is the soul of this team. Anthony is a ball-stopper who doesn't play defense and whines. Not exactly someone I want on my team.

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Melo and Amare record in the weak Eastern conference: 42-40

Rockets without a superstar in the tough western conference: 43-39

do you really think Melo is a great game changer?

19. TheRaymond

TheRaymond Member

Anthony is a top scorer in the league, but that is about it. Do not know if that is what we really want.

He is, however, getting too much blame for the problems in New York. Two ball stoppers and no point guard in a D'Antoni system will fail every time.

20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

What?

People aren't saying that.

They'd rather keep Lowry over 'Melo. Not over one of the best scorers and game changers in the world....

(and for what it's worth, the deal would be Lowry + stuff --> is it worth giving up a quality NBA starting PG, plus a 6-14 draft pick, plus other useful pieces in order to get a guy who was the best player for a worse team than us?)