1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Flip Saunders fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dharocks, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He is a horrible coach. he lost all of his players last year. I hate this guy

2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He lost ALL his players last year. That was a great decision, they had no connection and big problem in that locker room.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He is just an asset to be "Fliped".

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if one of Flip's old pals will hire him to be an assistant.

5. dial1revenge

dial1revenge Member

Funny. In 2K12 the first player I created was drafted by the Wizards the coach was fired after 15ish games.

6. gah

gah Member

Like our very own coach? I wouldn't mind though it won't happen because the bus is full.

7. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

He took over a Detroit team that was a top 3 team in the NBA. He ran them into the ground. Made them much worse, and went away from Larry Brown's defensive philosophies. The East was very week too. I think he's wayyyy overrated.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Reaction to Rockets hiring Flip:

[​IMG]

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'm shocked I'm having to defend this guy who I've already said I don't think is very good... But they ranked 3rd, 2nd, and 1st in Opponent's PPG in his three years there. They won 64, 53, and 59 games with him as head coach and went to three Eastern Conference Finals. It was Joe Dumars (and age), that destroyed that team, not Flip Saunders.

Again, I don't think he's very good. But it's not like he was some kind of spectacular failure in Detroit. He won more games in the regular season than Larry Brown or Ric Carlisle did when they were there.

I feel like some people just eat up the narrative that the media puts out there without actually going back and looking at what happened.

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm not too familar with him, would he fit with the Knicks?

11. gah

gah Member

That image can make a good meme. Sampson is safe because we know he's here for his defensive mind although it is spun because of him being named top assistant. Flip Saunders would be hired as an offensive coordinator. Teams like Charlotte and Milwaukee should at least take a look at him but I'm not going to put myself on the spotlight for him as Washington's offense has been arguably the worst in the league.

12. Entropy

Entropy Member

Javale McGee's Mom: 1
    Flip Saunders: 0

1 person likes this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If anything, he is being UNDERrated here in this thread. Detroit had a higher winning percentage under him than under Larry Brown. And they went to the ECF every single year during his tenure. Yeah, he inherited a good team. But "ran the team to the ground"? That's a pretty high ground to run to.

14. TheresTheDagger

Knucklehead coach loses job coaching a team of knuckleheads.

Move along...nothing to see here...