1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best Player in the NBA?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Keyser Soze, Jan 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

Has to be Kobe. Dude is going off every game. Today with 4 3's in the 2nd. A lot of people wrote him off because of last year (even though led league per 48) But it looks like a monster year coming up.

1 person likes this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

In before this turns into a Kobe/LeBron debate thread :p

3. startah

startah Member

DROSE... nuff said,,,

4. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Drose might be the hardest to guard, his shot is getting even better. But you know Kobe came with a vengence. The other night he goes for 48 and mentions something like 'not bad for the 7th best player in the league' kind of taking note that people think he is too old for the argument(I admit, I did). Then goes for 40, and now tonight has 24 on like 80 percent shooting in the first half and is watching a blowout from the bench bc game is done

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lebron for me
    Kobe and Durant after him

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Kobe will have stretches like these sporadically throughout the season. Right now, he's leading the league in shot attempts at 24 shots a game, which is a whopping 6 more than the 2nd highest in the league.

When you're a scorer like Kobe and can shoot that many shots, you better average 30 points.

If you want to argue if Kobe is still the best individual scorer in the game, you most likely are right. But player? No.

He's even less efficient than Kobe.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ricky Rubio.

DD

8. lalala902102001

Lebron James and Dwight Howard are the two best players in the world.

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

I swear I was telling all my peers before the season started that Kobe was gonna come back in pristine form and I was absolutely right. Dude is just killing it and by the looks of things tonight, he's going for his 3rd straight 40-point game.

10. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Given the circumstances of the current players, I'd have to agree with lala on the Howard mention. You can argue every position with usually 3 or more players for each on who is the best, Howard is compared to no one. Orlando is 8-3 with Howard and a bunch of crap, that team would be down there with Charlotte and Washington without him.

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Howard is not progressing, still LeBron, even with unique choking ability

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Howard isn't progressing because he no longer has any investment in the Magic.

LeBron is best so far followed by Kobe.

13. SPF35

SPF35 Member

Its hard to say, to be honest, I don't think there is one single best clear cut player right now.
    Kobe is great and was the previous best, but lets be honest, at his age and mileage, he has the pace himself despite of wht he is doing now.

Lebron puts up the best stats of anyone overall and is my number one fantasy pick. His flaws are also well noted and apparent. Greatness just isn't statistics, greatness includes mental game and closing, its an overall thing which knocks him off the clear cut top.

Derrick Rose is getting even better from his MVP year and more dangerous. Somenights, no one can stop the guy.

Kevin Durant is getting more efficient and well rounded, but still seems like he has another step to go. He may be the leading scorer in hte league for years to come though.

Dwight can probably change the game in most ways. You have to guard him differently and change your offense. That is considerable and will keep hiis name right around the top.

Chris Paul is debateable if he is still up there consistently. Dwade may be the most overlooked player as he is not in this conversation, but most nights he is the leader and closer of his team over lbj

14. Mr. Space City

15. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

This.

16. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Recently Kobe but I'd still go with Lebron

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

It's obviously Thabeet. lol

18. VBG

VBG Member

Lebron easily. No one combines his overall skillset.

I would take DRose in the 4th but Lebron for hte whole game

19. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Samuel Dalembert

20. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

Throwing up 30+ shots and making less than half = killing it? Really? :rolleyes: