1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Skip Bayless now on Texans bandwagon

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TheRealist137, Jan 10, 2012.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Understood, but a 7-4 mark with zero wins against teams with winning records, three wins in OT and three consecutive losses to end the year (including the 3-point outing to close) wasn't all that impressive. The performance against Pittsburgh, of course, was. But he owes a nice dinner to Philip Rivers for getting him there. :)

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

He picked the Steelers to win on Sunday. Then when they lost he went on Twitter/ESPN and started blowing Tebow again .

Pathetic.

#22 ubigred, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

He's been blowing Tebow for quite some time. He flew down to Gainesville to lead a cult-like Tebow episode of First Take. He battled Stephen A. and basically any personality they had in the studio that wanted to come on to tell Skip to get off of Tebow's nutsac.

4. ubigred

Dont forget about:

The Cowgirls
    Haynesworth/Ocho Cinco being the best offseason pick ups
    Rob Ryan's defense will turn around the Cowgirls
    Titans will win the AFC South
    Ridiculed Aaron Rodgers for not conducting workout/practice sessions during the Lockout
    etc....many more

1 person likes this.
  5. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

I don't think Bayless even acknowledged the Texans until they were at 10-3. Until that point all he did was shake his head derisively and present one of his smirk-sneers every time anyone else wanted to give them kudos.

On some levels I admire Bayless (he's been around long enough to have accumulated some good knowledge) but on other levels I think he's just another media ass.

6. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

Those Espn commercials where people were talking out their asses were funny. Not because the people were doing it. It was because most of the people hired at Espn talk out their ass.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Tebow made these things happen. That's why he's Tim Tebow and not random running QB that can't make NFL throws. Skip Bayless understood Tebow's "intangibles" better than everyone else. :)

Seriously, I don't give a damn about what experts think of the team. If we win they'll just all pretend their wrong predictions never existed. If we lose they'll just talk about how smart they are for knowing we never had a chance.

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I don't like Bayless but saying he would be a failure for going 7-4 is ridiculous. FYI, Tom Brady didn't beat a team with a winning record all year.

9. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

well skip was the talking head on ESPN that made the claim that andre johnson is better than jerry rice..

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This.

11. ubigred

The Freak you're better than that.

#31 ubigred, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Skip Bayless is a moron. He makes First Take the most unwatchable show on TV.

I could get a more honest opinion about sports from my mom.

13. Relentless

Relentless Member

14. hatemavs4life

hatemavs4life Member

Skip knows what his talking about. REALLY? I'm happy. I'm also happy Skip Bayless has seen the light but, I'm sorry he's a provocateur and has an ego the size of Texas! No way Skip is the most knowledgeable sports pundit out there. C'Mon Man! That's just a ridiculous thing to even assert.

15. varuscelli

Funny hearing Bayless on First Take today saying, "I DO love me some Texans" when the Texans/Ravens predictions were being made (context being who he loves in Texas right now between the Cowboys and Texans and team accomplishments this year...not that he thinks the Texans will beat the Ravens, which he doesn't). But it's good to hear him giving the Texans at least a little bit of respect, especially in regard to how close this game is predicted to be by all those making predictions (including Bayless' own prediction).

16. solid

solid Contributing Member

I really care what the Texans think, they are playing the game. As for me, I think it is going to be surprisingly one sided, shocking.

17. TMac&Cheese

TMac&Cheese Rookie

Arian Foster on the Jim Rome Show this hour

I would have created a new thread but mods wont let me

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Lol, too bad Houston fans can't listen to it.

19. varuscelli

20. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

everybody on this forum is so sensitive about what espn analysts have to say.

Mark Schlreth: Texans will lose
    Clutchfans: WHAT? He said TEXANS WILL LOSE? WORST ANALYST EVER. He's overpaid. He doesn't even know what he is talking about.

Mark Schlreth: Texans will win
    Clutchfans: he is the only decent analyst ever.