1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry charged with Battery

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaosDirtyStache, Jan 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A real gentleman our Kyle! ;)

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Facial! :eek: :grin:

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't think he will do jail time either but the article did say up to 1000 dollar fine and 6 months in jail.

Unless there is more to the story than is being reported then this woman was never in any danger and did not get hurt. I think we can all count ourselvs lucky that we are not forced to defend ourselvs everytime we act like a damn fool. The woman is clearly pissed at KLow and wants some pay-back. I could care less if Kyle were banned from the facility or something along those lines but to face possible jail time, 1000 dollar fine and to have to go to court is just crazy.

4. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Since many nba players and celebrities got away with a lot more serious offenses Lowry should never be jailed. Seems like a long time to process a charge since it happened a while ago, looks like the woman just checked the box scores, watches some games, read some stuff about Lowry putting up great numbers and figured she can get a lot of money from him.

5. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IZ7Aif5aXlQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Where does it say that? I just re-read the article and I never saw the word rocket or that it hit her in the face. The article I read said that the first time he through it and it hit her in the torso.

Then it says she "tossed it back". Why do you give a weopon back to someone you think is trying to hurt you? Really?

It said later that through another ball at her at a high rate of speed but did not use the word Rocket and did not say where it hit her.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let the courts handle it, they have three witnesses, and Kylec apologized, it does not excuse the offense though lots of people are sorry after the fact.

He will get a fine and that is that.

DD

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Am I the only one that doesn't give a sh.. about the stupid apologies released by the guys that are being charged?
    "Sorry that I beat the F outta you, I had a rough day".

Never seems honest to me, just a way to avoid a harsh sentence.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

lol

Basketball to face = 6 months jail....

Amerikkkaaa

I personally doubt he'll get more than a 10k fine and thats it..

10. Rowdy20

Rowdy20 Member

Seems to me like she escalated the situation by throwing it back at him. Not defending what he allegedly did by any means, but the situation would have died if she had just walked away. That said, this thing screams elementary school playground fight.

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

So is dodgeball like a gang fight?

12. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

I Always thought that my Homeland is the country of idiocy but right now I am not so sure about it

13. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Anyway. F0ck you ref, don't touch Kyle, he is an All-Star we were looking for. Get out of him

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Exactly. I have friends who work with Vegas PD and this type of charge will be laughed at in comparison to what they normally have to deal with. Obviously Lowry will be fined and have this on his record but Clark County authorities have much bigger fish to fry.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

This is silly.

16. TheRaymond

TheRaymond Member

If this had been a male referee, this would have never seen the light of day. Where is feminism when I need it?

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Don't understand this. His level-head is what makes him effective. Since when has anyone seen Lowry show up a referee and get technicals in an NBA game. Maybe during the lockout he had built up anger or something but Lowry in NBA games in not angry, he is level headed and does not start fights.

18. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

An apology should have been enough.

Pic related, lettuce not:

[​IMG]

19. acjeitherocket

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vf502gSBaK0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

There goes his PEAK shoe deal. :eek: