1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lebron/Durant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Dec 31, 2011.

1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

I've watched all 4 games of these guys very closely this year. And these 2 guys are CLEARLY the 2 best players in the game by far.

It's amazing to see stars continue to add things to their games even when they're so good.

Lebron: post game, face up midrange, and more disciplined offense (no 3s). He now has all the skills to match all of his natural talent.

Durant: better handles/1-on-1 skills, better playmaking (or more responsibilities due to WB's struggles) and thus doesn't rely on others to get him open as often, and better defense.

I think the MVP is a 2-man race and I'm saying that only 3-4 games in, barring injuries.

It's going to be very exciting seeing these 2 collide on the way to the Finals.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Honestly I think KD's carrying a heavier load on their teams. LBJ is still the best player in the L IMHO, but right now he's being like Shaq, dominating the first 3 quarters then letting Wade do the crunch time heroics.

KD's a lot more like KG in that he's basically the heart and soul of his team, but there's this Marbury 2.0 messing up the team chemistry and making life harder for everyone. If I were Presti I'd look to trading WB's ass outta that team.

3. HombreDeHierro

I'm convinced the Rockets need to tank or just suck a lot coincidentally and draft a guy with potential to be like this.

We need a guy with a perfect blend of work ethic, innate ability, and genetic gift

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm not sure who is better. But I'm a huge Durant fan. It's nice to have a team to pull for beside the rockets.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

To be technical:
    V. Charlotte: LBJ had 8pts in the 4th; Wade had 6pts
    V. Minny: LBJ had 5 pts in the 4th; Wade had 6 pts

Wade has the edge in the 4th for making the go-ahead shots, but it's not like Wade is "carrying" the team like LBJ does for most of the game, ala your Shaq comparison.

For the Thunder, WB will grow up, or at least I hope he does; he has too much talent not to. Durant isn't that dominant of a playmaker yet for Presti to just let WB grow, unless they get another star playmaker back. And playmakers like WB don't grow on trees. WB is just struggling right now.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sleepy Flloyd

Sleepy Flloyd Member

KD game winner against mavs was sick as hell

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

Agree. The best two players in the NBA by far. Fun to watch, hope they meet in the Finals.

8. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Miami is more experienced than OKC. If they are in the finals, there is no reason Miami should lose that series unless LBJ decides to take quarters off again or shrink under pressure.

I think seeing Chicago and LAC in the finals would be more exciting. Rose vs. Paul and a ton of alley-oops on both sides.

9. LandryMegaBeast

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Right now Bron is clearly ahead due to defense, playmaking, steals, blocks. KD has to step his allround-game up big time to be considered the best player.

11. tomato

tomato Member

WB? Y'all talkin bout Wussell Bestbuy?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What about Durant's off the wrong foot fadeaway ala Dirk style.....;) Hilarious

13. VBG

VBG Member

It's only been a week but they've been awesome. Dwight and Rose stepped up yesterday though

14. SPF35

SPF35 Member

they both put up huge numbers, one closes games for his team, the other defers to the goto closer on the team. MJ, Magic, Kobe, that is where history is made, closing and finishing in the clutch,otherwise guys like dominique who were also stellar would be in the same conversation

15. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

Lebron and KD are a once in a generation types of players..you cant just find those players in every draft..look at the #1 pick this year, underwhelming so far.

16. macho87

macho87 Member

why must every thread turn into a tanking discussion? keep that shizzz in the GARM

17. Roxs-Redemption

mark my words: KD will get the MVP this year not Lebron james!

18. windz

windz Member

amen...

unfortunately for durant, court vision is not something you can teach or work on in the gym.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Bron has a per of 40. If he keeps that it would be by far the single greatest regular season in nba history.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

But Durant reminds me of a little kid. That has to give him bonus points :)