1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Tracy McGrady - 13 Points Vs Rockets (12.31.11)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jan 1, 2012.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7tAg9sEazok" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Htown's2kFinest

He looks like quicker than I seen him in a long time. That first spin jumper and the drive pass Lee for the dunk was impressive.

3. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Go T-Mac!!! :cool:

4. Dei

Dei Member

I want him back, seriously. He's learned how to feed off others. I'd trade a package with the 09ers for him.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i dont think i've ever seen him make that spin move so smoothly before, so his mechanics must be in sync well....he may never re-gain the ability to jump off one leg forcefully, but looks like he's back to trusting his knee again.

6. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

To be honest I dont know why the houston fans boo'd him? Im a rockets fan myself and i dont see why you have to boo him for. I would want him back in houston if we had the chance but yeah :)

7. windz

windz Member

what? really? i hope you are talking about the post microfracture surgery tmac....

he has been a silky smooth player since high school...

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He still looks like he has trouble with the pick and double team.

Is it that hard to split the defense when he already has good handles?

9. SacTown

SacTown Member

Because Houston fans still don't believe that he was really "hurt". They think he just got microfracture surgery on this knee because he was lazy. It's really bizarre.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He rarely did it even in his prime; he likes to use that to get others shots.

Wow, he looks really good. He needs more minutes when he feels it like this.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure that any Houston fans believe that.

I bet some remember him throwing his teammates and coaches under the bus though, not to mention the quitting in an actual game. Bizarre... Or the injury announcement to Stephen A Smith, for Christ sakes. The list goes on and on for McGrady, who was a huge diva with a questionable heart.

I'm glad to see that he has matured into a fine bench player.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe he just couldn't handle it being an asset. Brooks couldn't, Kevin almost took it too personal. That is normal.
    I always thought throwing someone under the bus is a harsh word, there was critique.

13. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

No, stupid. He got microfracture surgery without consulting the team. He also quit playing for the Rockets mid-game while ON the court. Tracy is still a chump and I will never forget why.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

no need to resort to name calling dude. Make your point and be done with it.

15. Rocket_Man_2.0

I want him back to...he can't be no worse then Buddinger.

Lowry
    Martin
    T-Mac
    Scola
    Dalembert

Looks good to me!

16. cardpire

cardpire Member

the guy is a former superstar who has graciously accepted an extremely reduced role on any team who signs him without b****ing and moaning, even though he can clearly still ball. pretty admirable if you ask me. complete opposite of what most people would expect out of the guy.

i may be crazy, but i have a feeling his game isn't much less than 85% of what it once was. he'll never have a chance to lead a team again though, so we'll never know.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

T-Mac looks good. Glad we won the game though.

18. plates300

plates300 Member

When Lowry got his block, McGrady was just standing under their basket while the Hawks were out in transition. He didn't even bother running back to the other end, which is why he was the one that fouled Lowry. No defensive effort, no thanks.

19. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Actually, it's not about the surgery but the drama. He asked for a leave of absence and the Rockets had to trade him. He wanted to play every game, but it was clear that he wasn't healed. He took it personal and blamed Adelman, Morey, and the Rockets for his ruining his career instead of his injury woes.

Rockets wanted to help him recover by taking it slow and doing extra MRI scan. McGrady took a leave of absence, which forced the Rockets to trade him. It's the same reason than many Orlando fans are pissed with T-Mac and how he left the franchise.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-mcgradyinjury112009

20. avn81

avn81 Member

I don't understand the booing either. I loved watching this guy play. Yeah he had is issues but some of you are acting like he is a Stromile Swift- level knuckle head, which he most definitely wasn't.It's funny with all of the crap that vernon maxwell did I'm sure if he was at toyota center he would be getting cheered , but Mcgrady gets booed, go figure. Yes he can be immature but all in all I thought he was a good guy. I think the issue is that people always got the impression that he didn't want it bad enough. At least with a mcgrady- level talent and we always had hope now we are stuck in the middle.