1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(At The Game) T-Will's Attitude

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigbodymoe, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

The coaches were probably pissed because of all of his passing at Memphis. It's good he can pass but when you have the open shoot take it.

Hopefully he will get past this and act right, we all make mistakes at that age but it's all about how you bounce back after making them. Being a good NBA player requires great physical skills but also the right mentality.

2. Rollazn

Rollazn Member

Him and Scola I believe.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You dont need to be a mind-reader to see that the only thing Williams cares for is himself.

He is a selfish punk and it is very obvious as soon as he sets his foot on the court.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

TWill is helpless, I had high hopes for him this season, now I realized he is and always will be a selfish emo that will becomes nothing.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Maybe he was just upset or embarrased that he wasn't going to play, he seems to be a bit of a baby - someone who pouts etc,

I doubt the org has given up on him, more than likely they realized that playing 13 guys does not allow anyone to get consistency and went with the best option to win the game.

I am sure TWill will get another chance.

He does need to grow up though, he is a grown man, playing a game for a living...stop pouting.

DD

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think our rotation was just really short tonight because McHale really wanted this win. Parsons didn't play either and I doubt it's because of his bad play (he was coming off a good game.) but Kevin really wanted to make a point to these guys and of course not to get into a bit of a hole (they are hard to get out of once you fall 2-4 games behind your record.)

I'm sure Twill will play again but tonight was about getting the W and Twill is rightfully not about Patterson, Dragic, Lee, or Dalembert right now as far as guys coming off the bench.

7. joesr

joesr Member

Scola didnt stand either....?

8. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Agreed. In fact, I think it was clearly his worst move. All the other one's have either been clear wins for the Rockets, or are at least debatably good moves. This is the exception. The telling thing will be in a couple weeks when teams have to decide whether to pick up the team options on 2009 rookie contracts for next year. My guess is Morey does not pick up TWill's.

At this rate the guy will be out of the league in 2 years. Sad, because he has both the physical tools and skills to be succeed in the league and make enough money to where neither his children nor grandchildren will ever want...and he is letting misplaced pride and stupidity squander the talents and opportunity he has been given.

9. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

I hope TWill actually read it. You are not the PG. Stop trying to be LeBron James and pass the ball to Lowry/Dragic for them to bring the ball upcourt. They will run the play not you. Everything you bring the ball upcourt and try to run a play. You're disrupting the flow of the game. Nobody else on the court know what you are trying to do. Let the game come to you and play good defense. You'll have to earn the playing time. Until you earn it you don't get to handle the ball.

10. sums41

sums41 Contributing Member

he'll get playing time again, I'm sure he'll get to play next game, it's a 66 game season compressed into a lot of back to backs. I think the coaching staff wanted to send a message to the players tonight, message send, time to move on and hopefully T-Will and the rest of the players got the message, play d or get benched (same goes for Bud i guess)

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I don't know about you guys, but T-Will always seemed like a very good teammate.

Sure he's definitely immature, and has a pretty bad attitude and posture especially on court. But, at least from all the videos I've seen of him, he always seemed very encouraging around his teammates.

He might be a selfish character, but I wouldn't call him a bad teammate, not yet at least.

12. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

give it a break dude, obviously he is frustrated and if you were in his position you would be too.

This season is make or break for him but it doesnt help that the team is going to have F all practices for him to get himself in the game more and prove hes worth a shot.
    So whatever minutes he gets he is really giong to have to show what hes got, the first couple of games I think he did well, has played within himself but is still sturggling and heck they havent played NBA ball for a year now its going to take time.

I hope he contintues to work hard to earn his minutes cos he is a special talent just needs the PT to develop and grow as an NBA player

13. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Dude, our own STARTER wouldn't start on most NBA teams, get that crap outta here. Hate when people start being apologists.

14. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

Preaching The Truth! Kiwi

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't think it's fair to say he's a bad teammate, but he is hurting the team in a way...

I watched Lowry's block again...scola was sitting also, but he never really gets up, however he does react. Twill looked like he was covering his face, not watching the game. Didn't even flinch on the block. Who knows if he was upset, but he sure looked like it.

16. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Twill is even worse than Wafer, at least Von was involved and wanted playing time, Twill just doesn't care because he's already a millionaire ;)
    Seriously though, I couldn't care about this guy one way or the other, if he one day decides to get it together, play defense and play for the team great. If he decides to be a baby and be all about himself, he's going to be out of the league in a few years. He's lucky he has skills or else he wouldn't last another 2 years.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What annoys me the most is that he doesn't go all out when he gets in the game.

Instead, he gets offended...

18. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

He should play in China or something.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wafer was 10 times the player TWill is. Wafer had a solid role on this team and he fulfilled that role day in and day out with energy, even when he's being a bonehead, he looked like he was giving it 150% and that he actually gave a shet.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Plus he brought us the Vohawk.