1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone getting a Trevor Ariza vibe from T-Will?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RedRedemption, Dec 30, 2011.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That three by T-Will last game after he nearly lost the ball is a carbon copy of Ariza's shot during a Nuggets game...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z2UZ5dtEN70?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The shot is at 1:56.

Williams is faster and more passionate than Ariza is... but they play pretty similarly. Hopefully T-Will ends up more like Ariza on the Lakers and not the Ariza we saw in Houston.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I think his offensive abilities can be much better than Ariza's

But his D isn't as good as Ariza.

3. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I didn't see him try to drive and then dribble the ball off his leg. He doesn't get the ball enough to be an ariza.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't see the comp that much. The thing which has held Ariza back from reaching his physical potential is that he is a terrible ballhandler for a small forward. I don't think T-Will is nearly as bad, although I wouldn't call his ballhandling exactly a strength either. At the same time, though, T-Will really has to prove that his improved shot is for real and not just a hot streak. If he can continue to knock down those outside shots and pull-up shots it'll open up lanes for him to use his athleticism going up to the basket.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My goodness! If TWill has Ariza's "I am a star" attitude, we can kiss all his potential goodbye.

6. Htown's2kFinest

Come on are you serious? When Ariza didn't get the ball from Brooks he showed clear frustration shaking his head or turning away before. He even took a swing at Derozan one game cause he was playing awful.

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Twill is a showboat!! :grin:

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well, TWill can dribble, so not really.

9. Codeo

Codeo Member

What? Seriously? Ariza couldn't dribble or pass. T-Will is one of the better ball handlers on the team and can make a pretty direct pass to any area on the court.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

If he is anything like Ariza we should trade him.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Twill passed way more than he shot..

12. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

thank god he is not Ariza..

Ariza was just below garbage..

13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Ariza couldn't shoot, dribble, create, could pass a little bit.

But Ariza's a better defender, longer, better rebounder, way better cutter and can hit wide open shots if he gets streaky.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'm getting a Marbury/Payton vibe from TWill. Got their type talent, been around Payton a lot and got his big mouf, and got a little bit of Marbury's space cadet thing going on in there as well.

15. Asian Sensation

Trevor Ariza's a Champion and NOT a Houston Rocket. Thank god for the second part.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

don't see it...not in attitude or playing ability....the only similarity is the area they took the shot from.

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

silly comparison.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

This except he doesn't shoot as much as Marbury. The thing is that Twill thinks of himself as a point guard and not as a 3 which is why there are times where you kinda scratch your head when he doesn't shoot. He has the opposite of tunnel vision which make him indecisive sometimes.

19. HorneR

HorneR Member

Everyone gets the ball knocked away occasionally.

It was more impressive to me that he kept his composure, and knocked down the shot despite losing the dribble... But yes, unfortunately I can understand the comparison.

T-Will may not have the handle he'll need for stardom, and -- I'm not questioning his athleticism -- his quickness may be a bit overrated by some on this board. I'd love for him to turn into a Wade, but I just don't see it yet.

Would love for him to prove me wrong.

:)

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

My favorite ariza moment was a game vs Phoenix I believe. He wanted the ball real bad but they never passes it to him