1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gameplay Trailer for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

^^So it's true it's small? Keep up your trolling me and I'll keep up with giving it to you.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

both of you end it now

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

Out of all the threads to talk trash on, you guys pick a thread about a dungeons and dragons video game lol.

4. supdudes

supdudes Member

I used to visit the BBS hangout.....then I took a neg rep in the knee ;)

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

What did I do?
    Its not like I'm hurling insults at the guy.
    Just wanted to call him out on his hypocrisy.

6. joesr

joesr Member

Im having Skyrim withdrawls right now, gotta get off that 2k12

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I'm playing Skyrim on my Xbox 360.

I've noticed that whenever I go into my inventory, the text on the lower left of the display that shows how much gold I have and how much weight I'm carrying is half-way off the screen. Is there a game or xbox setting that will fix this? Like 'vertical screen size' or something?

8. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Hmmm...I've never had that problem before. I'm playing on the PC and my gold/weight carried is always displayed at the bottom of the screen just right of center. My friend has the XBox version and IIRC it's exactly the same in that regard.

9. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Sound like an HDTV problem or you're not using one.

10. durvasa

I am using an HDTV, and all my HD channels show up fine. I don't remember this being an issue with other games either.

So, for a screen like this:

[​IMG]

On my TV only the top half of the letters at the bottom are shown. The bottom half is off the screen. It makes it hard to read.

11. droopy421

droopy421 Member

I have a CRT TV in my room that I prefer to play games on but had the same problem. Couldn't find a way to solve it so I set it up on a LCD HDTV in the living room and had no problems.

12. durvasa

I'm using an LCD HDTV. Actually, I think this issue might not be specific to Skyrim (that's just when I noticed it).

I went into Console Settings. I'm using 720p (also tried with 1080i). It wouldn't let me select Screen Format though -- is that normal?

--------- edit -------------

OK, I changed my overscan settings on my television set, and now I'm able to see the text more clearly.

#552 durvasa, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I finally got the game (Steam sale). Played a bit of it this week, but think I'll (try to) hold off playing it some more until later in January.

For those playing on PC, I recommend checking out SkyBoost. Basically something some modders came up with to actually run Skyrim decently (Bethesda apparently did their best to NOT optimize the game). Think they're saying you may see up to a 40% improvement (that was with V1 or V2 I think...maybe more now?). I've actually gotten up to around mid 40s consistently near the top of Whiterun, where I was getting maybe mid 20s before.

Here's the latest version:
    http://alexander.sannybuilder.com/Files/tes/SkyBoost_r3.zip

SkyUI is also amazing. Trying out some other mods, but still haven't gotten a feel for which ones are must haves.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Level 30 and I've still hardly done any of the main quest.... and instead of playing it like a maniac during my 3 week vacation, I decide to go places. I'm never finishing this game... lol. :)

15. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Turn off auto-save. Makes loading ALOT faster as well. There are some places I go to now that instantly load.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Am still level 21, haven't played in weeks. Played games for like 5 hours in the last 3 weeks. Damn university killin all my time, got my first exam on Monday.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How much drop off from PC to PS3?

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

For those on pc, does this need the dvd in drive to play? I will be playing on a laptop without an optical drive so I'll be hooking up an external one to install. I didn't go through steam because I wanted the physical stuff from the collectors edition.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I have it with steam. I think the disk version still utilizes steam.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm lvl 50 and I'm at the point of looking for the elder scroll. I'm told I'm nowhere close to finishing the main quest. Still so many side quests! I'm currently just looking for ebony and deidra hearts.