1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

State of the Rockets --- A very sad one.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Dec 28, 2011.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Thats the problem with many people on this board... a championship is the only reason they are fans.... thats why every thread in hijacked into some idiotic rant about tanking.... thats why every thread turns into b****in about our players and trying to figure out who we can trade for....

I am a Rockets fan - win, lose or draw! I enjoy watching basketball and enjoy watching the team I grew up with! Would I like to see them win the championship again? Hell Yea I would! But is that the 1 and only reason I watch? No! I watch and cheer for my team to work hard, do their best, an maybe, jus maybe, get another ring at somepoint...

I think most have forgotten why they became fans - and it wasnt just to collect championships....

my two cents... flame me if it makes you feel better....

2. Bumpy Genitalia

Well said my brother. There`s too many pussified ass whiners on Clutch Fans. No real Rockets fan would be calling for them to tank after one game. If the Rockets make the playoffs this year, most of the people on this board would probably be enraged and be caling for Les to sell the team since they won`t get a top 10 draft pick. smh.

3. sergio

sergio Member

You think like I think. There's more to man-hood then how many women you sleep with as in there's more to fan-hood then how many rings you get. ;)

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

Fixed.

5. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

I'm a Rockets fan and have been since they came to our City. I don't expect championships every year, but do expect to see a competitive team out on the court day-in and day-out.

I like the team this year...except have a huge question about McHale's ability to get the best out of the team. If they tank, I won't support them.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Repped.

The black Morey fails on the mediocrity treadmill.

[​IMG]

#66 BetterThanEver, Dec 28, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

I see why some have problems with you DD

8. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I also was against drafting Yao. Mainly for playing a full NBA season and playing for the national team. That's just to much basketball for 7"6 guy.

9. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

G
    Good luck getting anywhere in the playoffs with a team full of role players. Yes, there are too many people that b**** and complain here. That's because some people still believe that being "competitive" will somehow work and get us to the top. If the Rockets would've tanked when yao went down, who knows what kind of talent is on this team right now. I'd take 2 or 3 sucky seasons over year after year of mediocrity.

10. Bumpy Genitalia

So basically you as a Rockets fan want the team to lose right? That means that whenever you watch the Rockets this year, you`re gonna be cheering for the other team to win just so you can cheer for them 3 years later when they get a top ten pick. That sounds like a bandwagon rider to me. You`re probably a Miami Heat fan as of last year, or lemme guess, now you`re a Clippers fan until the Rockets get some All-Stars right? smh.

1 person likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

All the NBA players that live in Houston must not agree.

12. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I know someone suggested it earlier but lets just trade for Howard. I know he has not mentioned us as one of his top teams but if we trade for him and are able to sign Dwill in the offseason that would immediately make us top 3 in the west.

13. Ricksmith

I already explained my reasoning, so please "take my nuts out your mouth, bro." I'm a lifelong fan, and I want my favorite team to get a top talent, rather than be the best team to not make the playoffs every year.

14. cod

cod Member

The claims of gigantism was speculation from unreliable sources. Really, his birth was the result of a chinese government's experiment? I can't believe they actually published that.

I also wouldn't say his health problems were predictable. He was healthy for his first two years and held the record for the most consecutive games for a Rockets player or something along those lines.

I'd say it was combination of JVG and his national team duties that did in his career. Trying to turn him into a Ewing clone, ie putting on the weight to dominate in the low post, when he was naturally chopstick thin. His body couldn't handle it and then not having the off-season to fully recover from surgery. The bones are still healing for several months after when athletes are cleared to play.

15. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

16. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Chopstick thin wtf. I don't appreciate the racist comments. You should be banned.

17. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Stop hoping for the Rockets to tank I'm a real Rockets fan and I want them to win as many games as possible.

18. Ricksmith

How do you feel about Morey, new and improved flippedfk?

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Kevin is the fall guy for franchises who are about to tank. It explains everything. Miraculous moves like him not playing our veterans to win games after the final timeouts will begin to occur. Then David stern will catch on and only give us the 7th pick of the draft in the lottery instead of the 3rd.

20. PlanetG

PlanetG Member

It's impossible for me to add to the thoughts in these posts without doing so kind of emotionally - so this is def. NOT objective:

When I think about the bigger picture of "overcoming small market situation to win big", I still most recently think back to when Yao got hurt in the playoff series against the Lakers. But the team still hung in there and they NEARLY, nearly clowned them hard. I weigh that game 7 loss versus say, the last game 7 loss to Utah, and I obviously take a lot more home from how the team competed against the Lakers. Two different teams, two season-ending heartbreakers... but the chances were there to seize those games. The Rockets had opportunity there. They came up short. :-( It's beyond sad of me to think of that as a "latest high point", but I felt those moments clearly had more at stake than say, the amazing 22 game streak.

Anyway - sorry. My point wants to be, if we are sort of a small market team at least culturally in the NBA - well heck, I just throw that premise right out the window. I'm still all, "why not us?" I always go back to stuff like, Houston is the 4th biggest city in the United States. Houston has tremendous fans supporting the team. Houston has already proven it can stand at the top of the NBA. How unbelievably classy is Houston's Hakeem homage outside Toyota Center?! I think it is absolutely one of the sickest, coolest hoops homage spots in the country. Yes, I know the biggest dollars all converge to places like LA and NY... but that's just where the dollars converge. Look at how the Knicks got laughed off the playoff court last season - OOPS. Where does "heart" end up? "Heart" can beat bucks !!

I really don't think I'm deluded at all. I think, really - that it's going to happen again soon for Houston. The Rockets are going to be champions again, and SOON, baby!! They will have to work to get a playoff seed, and keep working to win playoff series. But this can happen with many different teams. I think the concept of parity is more of a near-reality than most give it credit for. I think the players are there to give other teams fits, and make it happen.

I have to cut myself off now, I don't want to sound too much like Bluto from Animal House. sorry..