1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hasheem Thabeet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duran2u, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

There's nothing wrong with opinions. If everyone thought the same way, life would be so perfect that it would be boring. It all started when y'all tried to bring up "facts."

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The FACT is that the Rockets were playing the Magic, who have the best CENTER in the game, and they went into battle with only Dalembert as the only true center on the active roster.

While that may be ok for you or the org, to me, that seems rather stupid.

At least have him as a warm body that you could throw in if you needed the fouls....

That is all I am saying here....I think the org was STUPID for having him inactive in THIS game.

DD

3. valorita

valorita Member

You guys are like middle school girls gossiping... Thabeet could be inactive because he is on trade block. He might be sick or injured. He might have had a family emergency. Dont jump to conclusions before knowing what's going on.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have been showing facts about the team in general all summer. I've also shown a few good facts about Thabeet.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

It was rather questionable to not have him active, and I see why both of you, and many others, have a problem with it. As fans, we never know the full story, so maybe there's a legit reason he was inactive.

6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

This thread has me confused!!!!!!!! Coachbadlee is DaDakota. Am I knote 32? I sure hope so. He have much rep. :grin:

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Well, they started it.:p

8. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Truth is, if we had adrien/ thabeet or flyn/lin the outcome wouldn't have changed. On the bright side, adrien got some experience against the best center in the league.

9. DaDakota

Fair enough, I just wish someone in the press would ask the tough questions.

DD

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The tough question has an obvious answer. It's so obvious it's like that hot dog hitting the guy in the face over and over again in the commercial.

DUDE CAN'T PLAY!

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Dalembert is the only true center we have on the roster no matter who we play against. Hill may be a PF, but it's pretty obvious he will be sharing the 5 spot with Dalembert.

Adrien IS the warm body off the bench to throw out there to foul. Might not always be him, but something tells me Adrien and Thabeet will be splitting that extremely minor 3rd center role.

There is no need for a 4th set of fouls on Dwight in the opening game of the regular season. In the Playoffs maybe I see the neccessity for a 4th big man incase the hack-a-dwight comes into play, but it's not like our wings can't just give up some fouls if it comes down to it.

12. txtodd

txtodd Member

McHale didn't know what Dalembert could give, and Hill coulda been in foul trouble all game. So maybe you need long minutes from one of your bigs - say 20 - Thabeet isn't in shape enough to do that. So he went with Adrien over Thabeet.

But why go Parsons over Thabeet? He wasn't gonna play anything but garbage time.

Was disappointed to not see that Thabeet v Dwight matchup for a few minutes, but it didn't impact the game.

13. somenobody

somenobody Member

If THAT IS ALL YOU ARE SAYING HERE, this thread would not be this long, and of course, not be this hilarious to read.

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If McHale would rather go with Adrien and Parsons over Thabeet it confirms what we already know about his stage of development. Those two aren't vets like Chuck Hayes either, so McHale isn't playing senority.

DD is just so emotinally invested in Thabeet that he can't admit that he sucks. And when Morey declines his '12-'13 option in a few weeks, he'll go ape over that too. Because three head coaches and a GM who see Hasheem in practice everyday just don't know what the hell they're doing.

1 person likes this.
  15. DaDakota

It does say a lot about Thabeet and McHale.

LOL - I am not emotionally invested in any player, I move on as necessary, I don't know if Hasheem will be anything and don't think he is a polished NBA ready player, but I do know that he is 7'3" and 282 pounds and pretty athletic.

And I know the Rockets are not going ANYWHERE this year, so I would PREFER we find out if he can develop with consistent minutes - if not, no big deal we get a higher draft pick.

Honestly, all I want to do is get the Rockets back to contending status and I do not care if we have to tank to get there.

DD

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I agree that in regards to the last active roster spot, Thabeet offers more value as a 7 foot 6 fouls off the bench with a small handful of rebounds and blocks tossed in.

For any team, losing your center to foul trouble has to be a worry each game. The Jordan Bulls subscribed to the 18-foul center rotation philosophy.

But ultimately this is yet another in a long series of damning statements about Thabeet's prospects to stay in the league for more than 6 years.

17. Akim523

Akim523 Member

LOL thats the one

18. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Mchale probably felt more comfortable having Adrien out there because he had the more experience between him and Thabeet. He probably felt he *might* have that Hayes effect.

Odd but justifiable decision, imo.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Um Thabeet right now is a scrub, Mchale didn't have him active because:

1) He he already had Dalembert and HIll as the backup
    2) He trusts Scola at the 5 more than putting Thabeet out there
    3) He trusts Jeff Adrien more than Thabeet out there

Let's be honest here, Thabeet looked lost even in the preseason game against scrubs, you think he'll do something against the league's best center? Honestly if I was Mchale and its the final minutes of a crucial game I'd rather put Scola in rather than Thabeet. Adrien is small but he's mroe experienced, and at least he can stay on the court for more than 5 minutes without gassing out. I don't even know why DD and others think Thabeet would have made a difference. If you want to get mad, then get mad that Hill didn't play more. I'd trust him at the C more than THabeet at this point.

20. DaDakota

Woah, slow that horsey down their cowboy, I did not say he made a difference, only that he should have been active in case we needed his big body and fouls to guard DHoward.

DD