1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis's leadership under scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jlaw, Nov 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Well jlaw didn't explicitelly (sp?) say Yao was the leader, but he pretty much inferred it in his first few posts, saying that Francis had much to learn and he could learn it all from Yao.

So because he is so young and promising and has played just 12 games, he is free from criticism? No. So according to you when is he open to criticism? After he has played 20 games? 40 games? a season? never? I'm interested to know when we can say, "hey, Yao did good tonight, but he should box out more" or "he should try to hold his position a bit better against post players"

So it's ok for you to critize the Rockets guards and point out their mistakes and faults, but we can't say how your precious Yao can improve his game?

Any small sample of credability you had left has vanished with that tripe you call a post.

2. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Dont be so rude, little kiddie. Didnt your ma teach you any manner. Go lick Steve's ass and stop posting here. you xxxx.xx

Now, can we all get along? Even including you, kiddie.

3. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

You guys seem to be really surprised about this whole SF thing. Let's face it, who did we honestly think the guy was going to be like? Have we not from day one said that Francis is another Stephan Marbury for the NBA? All Glamour and style and zero heart? Come on guys, we knew it and we wanted that for the sake of selling tickets! (Which Ironically did not work out either!!) This guy has no heart and no leadership skills what so ever. He is definitly nice to watch (All the high-fly slams and acrobatic moves), but the show stops there!

4. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

No, I don't recall people saying that. And we have no idea what you've been saying, since you registered in Aug 2002, and have a grand total of 2 posts to date.

Oh, and it's Stephon Marbury.

5. Glyyde

Glyyde Member

Francis? Marbury? Have u been watching NBA lately? Francis is one of the player which plays with heart to try to win all games.... and btw, Marbury is one of the leader in assist....not scoring anymore.... he is not the old Marbury anymore..... WATCH MORE GAMES B4 U MAKE A COMMENT!!!:D

6. jlaw

jlaw Member

I will continue my bashing legacy. I'll be back! You bet. I'll be back!!!

7. tigermission1

What the heck are you talking about?? What does me being a new member have to do with anything! I am simply stating my opinion. And may be you didnot hear people saying that, but I did. I have good ears and many, many friends who are loyal Rockets followers

8. tigermission1

No, I have not been watching the NBA lately, just for 15 years or so. And oh, I have coached many high school basketball teams long enough to understand the fundementals of basketball and where true leadership lies. So does SF really play every game purely to win or is it in part to better his own stats and his own place in the league? I think he is a great talent. But talent and heart are two very different things my friend. Whether Marbury plays good or not this year is not my point, my point is the style of player he is, and we all know what he brings to the table: All glamour and no true accomplishments. Francis is his twin in that regard, just watch over the upcoming years and he will prove my point by himself. However, I don't think that he is incapable of being a leader, just does not have the right people around him to push him in to that role (RT). About watching more games, I have NBA League Pass on DirecTV and I don't miss a game on TNT, ESPN, or even CH. 51. So I may be new to the forum, but not to the game!:D

9. jlaw

jlaw Member

tigermission1, way to go, you have more potential than SF. I totally agree with the use of word "HEART". SF becomes an infant in this new offense which requires good and fast ball movement.

10. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting... please, I would love to hear how a highschool basketball coach defines "heart" and "leadership". I am truly interested in hearing your definitions and how they do not apply to Steve Francis.

11. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I was only pointing out that, on this BBS, no has any idea what you were saying 3-4 years ago. My recollection is that most people didn't have any firm idea of quite how good/bad he could be, since their only exposure to him was a year playing as a 2 guard at Maryland. Most people took his Juco stats with a pinch of salt, since the competition wasn't great.

Oh, and it's fundamentals. :D

12. GB_Rocket

GB_Rocket Contributing Member

Now I have truly heard it all - Steve Francis lacks heart.

Pray tell me, tigermission1, does it hurt when you talk out of your anus? I think the medical world needs to know these things.

13. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok... jlaw... since you seem to be in agreement with Tiger as to whether or not Steve has heart, maybe you would like to give us your definition of heart and leadership in relation to this team, and tell us why Steve does not possess these qualities...

14. lycqf

lycqf Member

It is not just an ordinary concern for SF, but a highlight one. Recap the match between Rox and Clipp. SF had run a breakthrough to the half court, in front of Clipp defender, SF just suddenly stopped like suffering electric shock. That is a serious Basket Ball IQ problem. Even he can fly, slam dunk, or penetrate, but as a real PG, more important is that setting up the play for his temmate and make clutch shoot when necessary.

The examples of high BIQ: MJ, Magic J, Larry B, Shaq O, Issak Thosmas.

The Examples of lower BIQ than the expectation: Scott Pippen,
    Mike T, Maxwell

15. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

The world according to jlaw:

Leadership = less than 8 turnovers.

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

World according to Chuck04...

Leadership = more than 8 turnovers. :rolleyes:

17. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

this article is soooooooo r****ded, seriously!!!
    which dumb butt wrote that?? he must didnt know **** about NBA.
    (and that jerk author probably think he is smarter than some elementry school kid)

OMG, i couldnt believe a$$es like that actually exist!!!!

#137 AcBrave, Nov 27, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  18. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

F*** yah, we will go down to 2-23 anytime w/o steve!!!
    i'll kick ur ass if u keep on talkin sh*t about our #1 player!!

19. AcBrave

AcBrave Member

alrite, i'll stop talkin **** about that author now. coz i actually feel more stupid if i argue w/ the most stupid ppl in the world.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.