1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Turn on ESPN 2!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheReasonSF3, Nov 27, 2002.

Tags:
  1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

They are about to show Francis and Mobley teach them how to master the alleyoop!

2. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

I'd rather see them show how to master smart crisp passes to each other.

3. jlaw

jlaw Member

You're so pathetic. Rox is losing and who cares about those Sportscenter highlights. You are a die-hard SF lover.

4. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Thanks. I am not just an SF lover. I thought that you guys would like to see this. It's on a show. Geez. Part of the reason that we lost was because Mobley didn't play. I was just trying to be nice cause it is going to be pretty cool. I'll try to be a mean, morbid fan from now on.

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

thanks for the heads up...wish i was home to watch it!

GO ROCKETS!

6. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Sorry if we rub off the wrong way Reason, but you have to understand that Stevie has really let down a lot of fans recently with the way he's played. So the last thing we want to see is him showing off on TV. Nothing personal against you. :)

7. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

How has he let fans down? Francis is the only player keeping us in games. He shot okay last night, and had 31 points and 10 assists in a loss to the Clippers.

8. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Reason, don't even bother. Steve bashing is the flavor of the month right now and folks are looking for any opportunity to take a shot at Steve or those that support\defend him.

9. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Reason, I'm not gonna argue with you about Steve cause you obviously are one of those die hard fans that will defend him no matter what and I respect that. But look around the rest of the BBS and you will see the majority of people are not happy with his recent performance. You can't argue with the way these people feel. So let's just drop it at that OK?

10. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

A show where both of them are actually setting up a teammate? Get those vcrs rollin', boys!

11. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah sure. I didn't start it though. :) The people on this board always blame Steve. He could have 50 points, on 20-22 shooting, and they would find something to get pissed about. Steve had 31 points, 10 dimes, and 6 boards in a game that we would've won if Rudy hadn't put in Moochie.

12. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

There are some bashers out there, but there are supporters of him like myself who are simply just disappointed because we know he is so much better than that. His turnovers are probably my biggest complaint. He just needs to slow down some and learn to have a better vision of the court and where his players are instead of running head first into the defense.

13. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hotrock... I share your frustrations at some of Steves mistakes, criticism is not a problem as long as it's fair and constructive. I sometimes would like to post some of my thoughts on errors in Stevies game, but I choose not to because I feel that it would simply fuel the fire of those who bash Steve for the sake of bashing. I maintain that it is unfair to take pot shots at a player when he is down, especially we he is your most consistent player. It is also unfair for alot of our "newer" members to criticize Steve and other Rox players on a consistent basis for his errors, while hailing Yao and completely ignoring his shortcomings.

14. jlaw

jlaw Member

In my thread SF XYZ , Dr. Donk says it is ok to turn the ball over as long as the steal # compensates that. Based on his philosophy, SF is doing a fine job by turning the ball over:D

15. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

How much more annoying can one single poster be?

There have been less than a month's games. We're above .500. Chill out.

16. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Thank you. I just posted this out of the kindness of my heart. :D I thought that Rockets fans would like to watch Rockets players on Inside Stuff. I guess I was wrong.
    J-law. 8 steals does make up for the 8 turnovers. Steve had a terrific all around game. 31 points, 10 dimes, 8 steals, and 6 boards.

17. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Thanks for the heads up TheReasonSF3. Any Rocket getting airtime is a good thing, even if some dickhounds on this board don't understand this.

18. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Yeah. I've won a couple foul shooting contests and been in the paper a few times for it, and some days I could go out and make 3 out of 10 in warmups, lol.

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

And you're a die hard Steve Francis hater so you are pathetic too. There was absolutly no reason to respond to this thread other than to start another arguement. If you wanted to continue this arguement then go to the Steve Francis sucks thread that you created.

20. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

The Real Shady:
    Don't you hate annoying idiots like that guy?