1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moochie needs more minutes!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by barbourdg, Nov 27, 2002.

1. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Did anybody else catch (on NBA league pass), the Portland analysts talking about Moochie. They said that he mentioned that his reduced minutes has made him "out of sync", and that he needs more minutes to be more effective (or something like that). I guess he was trying to justify loosing games for us.

What do you think? How about we sit Hawk to give Moochie more minutes?

HELLL NOOOOO!!!!

2. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Of course our enemies are gonna want Mooch to play more. Duh! :D

3. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Give him more minutes until Cuttino gets back so that we can build up his trade value.

4. barbourdg

That bad part, is that Moochie told the media (or them, etc..), that he needed more minutes. Sound familiar, KT needs more minutes! Glen Rice needs more minutes!

This whole team is about me and not about us!

5. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

Moochie needs more minutes behind the counter at McDonalds.

6. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

That's crap. Nothing but a cough out excuse. He needs more minutes so he can dribble more? Or maybe he needs more minutes to hit the wide open J's he's been missing. Or maybe he needs more time since he's missed 7 out of last 8 free throws. Or maybe....

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree,

Moochie does need a lot more minutes.

ON THE BENCH !!!!

DaDakota

8. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

I completely agree DD

Mooch need more minutes on the bench!!!!!

#8 Dennis2112, Nov 27, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  9. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe Moochie can get minutes subbing for Turbo. Launch him out of a cannon or something. Evil Clutch can light the fuse.

10. barbourdg

I think they went furtherr and said that Moochie (stated), that the whole transistion from being a starter and/or major minutes (when Franics was out last season), to going back to the bench has been hard on him to stay in sync ( BOO HOO ).

11. Sane

Sane Member

Trade Mooch and KT for anything. They're killing us.

In Moochie's case, he's just not that good, and the zone has exposed his horrible J. In KT's case, he's not doing anything anyone else on our team can't do, and he's taking up minutes that would help get Mo and Eddie into the flow of the game.

I'd rather see T-Mo get more minutes at the 3. Maybe even Boki getting garbage minutes.

KT is too worried about his contract.

12. jlaw

jlaw Member

I think Moosh!t hair too big to fit into the cannon. Can we use one of the ball boys or Gatorade boys? They may be a good sub.

13. HoRockets

HoRockets Member

Yes, take them out and start using this rotation to get them used to their role:

PG- Steve/Tito
    SG- Cat/Hawkins
    SF- Rice/Tmo/Boki
    PF- MoT/EG
    C- Yao/Cato

No more trying out crappy combos. I'm sick of seeing everyone playing out of position. :mad:

14. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

I'll be as happy as the next guy if Tmo comes in and contributes, but he's been out a long time, and only had a couple of semi-decent performances in the pre-season for anyone to go on.

I just don't understand why this BBS is so low on some players and high on others, seemingly without reason? Maybe I'm imagining things.

15. Sane

Sane Member

It's because T-Mo brings the same thing KT does, but without the physical disadvantage. T-Mo will improve, while KT can improve in what area exactly?

He's in peak physical condition. Now, he's too slow to play SF, and too thin to play PF. Quite useless. Anyone can do what he's doing.

16. Bailey

Bailey Veteran Member

How do you know T-Mo will improve? He sure didn't do that in college. I'm not bashing him, but I fail to understand the blind faith a lot of people seem to show in him, that's all.

17. makman

makman Member

if they want moochie to play how about we trade him there for free. the only reason hes in the nba is his hair

18. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Moochie needs more minutes like Star Jones needs more food.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

did he really say that barbourdg....LOL!

20. Timing

Timing Member

hehe :D