1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samuel Dalembert is a Rocket!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KevinMchale, Dec 21, 2011.

?

Do you like this move for the Rockets - signing Sam Dalembert to a 2-year deal?

1. Yes

425 vote(s)
    70.4%
  2. No

179 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Or how they raped us for Rudy Gay

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not so sure the best of him is the best to get to the top.
    I mean as the leader of a team he sucked pretty bad, he put all those numbers, he is much like Pau Gasol, he needs a Kobe.

3. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Daywalker, or how Yao needs an army of support?

With you, your poop never stinks.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

To be fair, only reason he was having trouble finding a home is because he was looking for a nice payday and playing time. If he would have been willing to take exception money, contenders would have taken him in a heartbeat and plugged him right into their startling lineup.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That aint not so bad. ;)

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

And you accomplish that by making rediculous statements like you would take Jermain O'Neal over Dalembert? It's kind of like you are arguing that 2 + 2 does not equal 4. It makes no sense because all of us including you know for a fact 2 + 2 does equal 4 and all of us including you know that Dalembert is just so much better than O'Neal at this stage of their careers that its not even a fair comparison.

7. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Dont get me wrong rockets. You seem like you have a good handle on all this.

Fans in here are saying MMorris has "a stroke like Durant" "he reminds me of Melo"... then they think Sam Dalembert is the missing piece to get deep in the playoffs. NO! Like you said, contenders would take him if he were asking for exception money... even sacto chose to start him just half the games. What he is, is a role player... not much better than a Jermaine ONeal. His impact is only noticeable because we didnt have a center to begin with but relative to other teams, signing sam dalembert is a non-event and a bandaid fix at best.

8. anchel

anchel Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zrPfczq4izY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hill can't do that.

Dalembert has to be a huge addition for this team, if injuries respect him.

Dalembert-Scola-Patterson-Hill-Thabeet it's a good rotation of big men.
    Don't know about other people, but now I'm excited with this team.

1 person likes this.
  9. crash5179

Not really the same deal. We got Battier who is a premier defender in the league and was supose to team with Yao and TMac for a title run. I wouldn't have done the deal but their was a reason for it and the Rockets got something of value in return. And when we were thru with Battier we traded him back to Memphis for another 1st round pick. :p

What did Memphis get for Lowry? A bag of chips?

10. TManiAC

TManiAC Member

Lol, fair point but before we get even more sidetracked... I think most of us agree that were not contenders at this point. If we were, sure... Dalembert might put us over the top but the way I see it, Dalembert is an upgrade over having no center, but not anything special relative to other Cs in the league.

11. crash5179

I agree! :grin:

The reason most of us are excited to get Dalembert is not because he is this all star talent that is going to lead us to the promised land, but because the particular set of skills that Daly has is exactly what the Rockets were so bad at the last two seasons. I think the team can make the play-offs and once you get to the play-offs you never know what can happen.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Because you think every second team in the NBA has a Baby Shaq on their roster.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

No one is claiming we are a contender. However, if we make the playoffs, all of our assets will be seen with more value. ie Memphis.

14. pacmania

pacmania Member

But one could argue the same for Kobe, he needs a Gasol because he couldn't get by Steve Nash and the Suns without Gasol.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Two seasons ago he couldn't. Now he can.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know. I detest both with passion. Yet Kobe's work ethic might prevail here.
    I am sure that the majority would put Kobe's desire to win over that of Gasol. Gasol coasted in a fair amount of games. He is there with Lebron.
    Kobe you can say all you want is a winner, imagine him with Tmac's body and length... he would be a monster.

With that being said, I dislike him even more.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

When will the press conference hold?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He has to pass the physical first

19. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

wonder why he decided to go to houston? :confused:

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Better chance at playoffs than Kings.