1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Rick and Ricky in Minnesota Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Dec 9, 2011.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

LOL.

Obnoxious
    Hard-headed
    Miserable
    Stupid
    Schizo

2. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Who will be the best NBA player in five years among rookies?

Steve Aschburner: Ricky Rubio. Kyrie Irving is the safe, logical pick and Derrick Williams seems like the type of player who may be appreciated most by hardcore basketball fans. But I think Rubio has the court vision, the skills, the pass-first sensibility and the charisma to become a star. He’ll certainly get the proper nurturing and training wheels from a Minnesota franchise that can hardly bear to have him fail. Ole, indeed.

Fran Blinebury: Kyrie Irving. It’s a point guard’s world in the NBA today and Irving will have all the opportunity to excel.

Scott Howard-Cooper: Kyrie Irving. Williams is my pick for Rookie of the Year, but Irving will become the centerpiece of whatever progress the Cavaliers hope to make. Not just on the court, either. The No. 1 pick stepped forward as a leader as a freshman on a Duke team with several veterans. That is very promising for the Cavs.

Shaun Powell: With a sharper understanding of how the game is played on this side of the Atlantic and a stronger body, Ricky Rubio does have a long-term upside appeal to him. He’s still young and his outside shot is under construction, and those twin obstacles can be minimized or eliminated. So yes, in five years, with a game made for Broadway, Rubio will look awfully good throwing no-looks in front of Spike Lee as a member of the Knicks.

John Schuhmann: I think it could be Rubio. He’s definitely got weaknesses to address, but his passing is a special gift that will set him apart from other young point guards. Iman Shumpert is my dark horse pick, and I think Jonas Valanciunas, who won’t join the Raptors until next season, could be better than any of this year’s rookies.

Sekou Smith: Folks doubted him foolishly in the weeks leading up to the June draft and they will pay for it for years to come. Because Kemba Walker is going to be the one player in this class that far exceeds expectations and establishes himself as the steal of the 2011 Draft. Walker has the ideal skill set for the position in today’s NBA, where scoring point guards can thrive in most any situation.

3. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

[​IMG]
    drawing of rick i did last season or the one before

2 people like this.
  4. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Why he was awful the previous season?

Why is his replacement in Barca, with the same team and same teamamtes playing way better in the same role than Rubio ever did?

You are making up excuses for him.

5. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Yeah, so you are just a troll. Welcome to ignore.

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

JKidd developed his shot during his career (pretty rare for an NBA player). They didn't used to call him ason Kidd for nothing. I too think Rubio will be a special player in the league. No where near Jason Kidd, but he'll lead the NBA in assists a few times.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This just means you don't want to learn about real basketball...about Adelman's system...and how it is NOT a flex offense.

run away now.

And of course, someone will respond to this post just so you have to see it.

You know nothing about NBA basketball. And clearly do not know Adelman's offense. Stupid troll.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So did DD jinx someone already?

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

HAHA Way to go Expert OHMSS !

10. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

Euroleague, why do you feel the need to come across as so abrasively argumentative? I do think you have a unique understanding of European basketball, and are correct in assuming most fans in the states underrate the level of play over there. But you lose credibility when you troll. I am sincerely interested in what you have to say about players like Rubio, but it's hard to take you seriously when it just seems like you're trying to start a fight, either over here or at ISH.

I personally think Rubios game is much more suited for the NBA, which protects perimeter players and spaces the floor much more. I think he has a chance to thrive over here. If anything, his success gives your arguments more credibility. I think it's unfair for you to personally attack both posters and players.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Definitely not a fan of Rubio but I wish Adelman the best

12. heypartner

No he doesn't. He just shouts a lot to try to make us think he does. He has been caught in many falsehoods. There are many Europeans on this site...I'm here now living in Europe and watch the league games...and tell my friends what OHMSS says. I can watch the games and know he is full of ****. I don't need anyone to tell me. But then we still get confirmation from every European around me when they hear what he says.

dude is just a troll and an idiot about basketball, or at best has an agenda to insult people by exaggerating.

Trust me. I know this game....both basketball and trolling.

OHMSS is in over his head at this website. He should go back to the Spurs site ... oh, but they banned him.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Call him the expert and go on Ignore Mode.

14. heypartner

Can't...I'm in Dexter Mode.

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Anyone watched their game at Milwaukee yesterday? I read from Chinese media that Coach Adelman took a step back in that game and let Terry Porter lead the team whole game. I think he is trying hard to promote his apprentice here.

16. heypartner

He always does that during preseason. Most coaches do.

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Indeed.

In fact, the last preseason, Pops got Ginobli to coach and run the plays for the Spurs in the closing minutes of game in which the Spurs were behind by a couple of points. The Spurs ended up winning the game with a nice play drawn out by Ginobli.

18. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Rubio to come off the bench with Barea in the first game, than Rick will see how it's all about

19. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

basketball fans are around the league a really in hating mode on Russell Westbrook and he deserves it for sure

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

J. J. Bareas first contribution to the Timberwolves: A flop resulting in an offensive foul by Westbrook.

Darko leveled Perkins, stared at him with the "Come at me, Bro!" look. Totally gangsta! *laugh*