1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What to expect from Dalembert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dharocks, Dec 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

I dont understand why people are complaining about signing him. Our offense was THIRD best in the entire league last year, and this year we added a defensive presesnce and rebounder that we desperately needed without losing any pieces, not to mention he is extremely durable and not injury prone. How can you not be happy as a rocket fan unless your pissed because we can't tank anymore.

2 people like this.
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Well at least Scola can conscientiously be awful on defense now. Last year it was just unconscionable how bad he was on that side.

3. Prince

Prince Member

i thought we passed on him.

4. roadmatter

roadmatter Member

Samuel can Help Hasheem get where he needs to and he can help the Houston Rockets out

5. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

We were leading the NBA in assists and charges taken. No we are gonna lead in goaltenders

Nothing new

6. xAliceInChains

Master Morey just wanted to see what others would pay, then he beat their bid by a little bit.

WWDMD?

7. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I don't know the details of the deal, so I don't know if I like it or not. But as a player, I like Dalembert. Admittedly, I haven't seen a lot of his games, but from what I have seen, he plays hard. Watching the lay-up drill last season was really tough at times. Hopefully, Sammy does something about that.

8. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Wonder if McHale can help Sam with some novice post moves. I know it's a lot to ask for, but it's worth a shot.

9. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Agree completely with this. Sam addresses our primary issues. Win-win all around, and we can either pick up his option or not for the second year. Not sure what's not to like.

I'm sorry, but I have no faith the likes of Jordan Hill and Thabeet can consistently produce inside on an effective basis. They've given me no reason to think otherwise, whereas Dalembert is established and we know what we're going to get.

If he can give us 8-10 points, 10 rebounds and two blocks per game, I'll be a happy camper. God knows how many other shots he'll alter or how many rebounds he'll allot for Scola, Hill and others.

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I expect Dalembert to do better than he has been with Sixers or Kings. He played alongside 2 of the biggest ball hogs ever that stagnates the offense in Tyreke and AI. Iso...iso...iso.. With the way Lowry runs the team and pairing up with Scola in the paint, he would not only help himself but his teammates as well.

I see more help defense, blocks, and second chance points this year.

11. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

At 30yrs old, Sam, isn't learning ****

1 person likes this.
  12. JMG524

JMG524 Member

I love this signing, he's exactly what we need. A big man who protects the rim, rebounds, and can run the floor in transition. We already have a post scorer in Scola. Sammy D is the perfect complement to scrap up all the garbage points and rebounds.

13. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I remember watching a Kings-Rockets game last year and thinking that Dalambert was a ferocious competitor.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Loved the opening post. A very nice take. One thing it tells me, and what I've read elsewhere jives with my opinion, is that Dalembert WOULD NOT have worked out with Rick Adelman, the guy I still wish were coaching the Rocks. This may be right up McHell's alley, though. If anyone can get Dalembert to be effective with the offense we end up running (I'm getting depressed thinking that Adelman's offense is becoming a smaller component going forward as each day marches on), it should be our new coach. I'm looking forward to seeing this play out, and wondering if this is the last move Morey will make before the deadline, or if he's still going to make another. Scola should be a good fit next to this guy. That's a plus.

15. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Expect him to give us a double double in around 33MPG with 2 blocks. He is a great rebounder and shot blocker. Will be the enforcer/intimidator we have been looking for.

Offensively he can only score from directly under the basket. Tip-ins and putbacks, dunks from after getting offensive rebounds or hand me down passes right underneath the rim.

Either ways, he is a huge, tremendous, monstrous upgrade over Hill and Thabeet.

16. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Around the same we got from Chuck Hayes. Minus the times where we got outrebounded for being smaller and they shot over Chuck because he was shorter on some ocassions. Of course he will be less technically sound than Chuck Hayes on defense and make more mistake. Probably more able to finish around the rim and better on offense than what we had. Overall upgrade because I expect Jordan Hill to also progress a little.

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I wish to expect from Dalembert to NOT SIGN and stay AWAY from our rebuilding effort.

18. hahachui

hahachui Member

I expect him to have 10+ rebounds every game

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

He's only averaged that ONCE in his career. And it was almost exactly 33 MPG. I expect him around the same 25-29 MPG he's always done. Especially on a team with young talent that needs floor time (for showcasing).

BUT if Dalembert averages 30+ minutes he easily gets 10 boards.