1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DA:Rockets passing on Dalembert?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROX_fan_CT, Dec 20, 2011.

1. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

With players like Landry taking 1yr @ 9mil, I doubt that he is asking for anything less than 8-9mil per.

6-8mil per yr for 3 yrs would be a great bargin and not limit roster flexibility.

Hell, look at how much $ we wasted on Brad Miller. SammyD would def be a better use of the $

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I imagine Sacramento was unwilling to do a SnT, thus we would of had to use our capspace and sacraficed all our TPEs, etc.

Dalembert is okay, but I can stand behind that reasoning.

3. Htown's2kFinest

Well DM can't say that he's doing everything for the team to win now. If he does say that then he isn't doing his job cause signing Daly he is exactly what we need...

REBOUNDING SHOT BLOCKING 7FT CENTER

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Maybe Dalambert is refusing 1 & 2 year contracts.

5. jmp12

jmp12 Member

hakeem olajuwon out of retirement:grin::grin:
    at this point olajuwon is prob better than thabeet:mad: or hill:confused: just saying

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What was the source?

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'm still not sure what to make of this, from a distance it clearly looks like the Rockets maybe changing their minds about a playoff run. Knowing Morey/Les that doesn't compute although I can see Morey passing on an inflated contract for sure.

I think Morey maybe playing for next season, again, so the deadline should be another wild one. I can see more collection of assets unless a second tier star opens up.

I've heard enough about Dalembert's on court issues to be happy Morey didn't invest in the guy. I know he is a legit center but rather not have a cancer around the young guys.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I think they are still intersted in Dalembert, just not at the price he wants and not at the cost of having his salary prevent future moves.

Dalembert is free to fish around for a better deal. My guess is there isn't really one significantly better out there. If there was such a deal, he would have taken it already.

9. jmp12

jmp12 Member

dalembert would be nice but i feel that if there was a way to steal McGEE from the wizards he would fit in nicely with the group of athlethic guys we have this year, he would produce in my opinion as good as ty chandler except McGee is younger and underpaid at this point due to rookie contract...
    wizards get: hill+dragic+1st rd pick 2012 and cash (trade exception)
    houston gets McGee+ 2nd rounder

McGEE -- thabeet--hayes???
    scola-- patterson
    buddinger-- lee--morris
    martin -- twill---lin
    lowry -- flynn

now with many players that can play multiple positions they can cause mismatches

it would be tough to give up a 1st rd in 2012
    but true centers are tough to get

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Good News

Rocket River

11. jmp12

jmp12 Member

dalembert will demand too much money :( i say just stay as is if you are going to tank for the season to get a high draft pick dalembert will not make us a playoff team he would just get us a mediocre year and a mid first rounder il pass on him too.. JUst play the young unproven players of last year more mins hill, twill, thabeet, dragic, and new comer morris and build value into these guys to try and make a big splash next year with a lottery pick + a star player finally signing for hou and possible trade that can push us for years to come .... trust me on this one dalembert is not going to accept a 1yr offer and he will block us from making a big splash next year 2012...
    2012 will have a great free agency year and a good draft
    lets go rox.... imm all in for playing the young guys and tanking...

12. GzUs

GzUs Member

?

I understand the $ may be a little high on Dal...but who do we plan on signing next year with the xtra $. There are no centers worth paying in the coming years.D-12 is out of the equation. Who knows?

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

He's evidentally out of shape and a head case.

14. ROX_fan_CT

ROX_fan_CT Member

First, what star player / free agent do you think will want to come here? 2012 will not be as great a free agency that everyone makes it out to be. The draft may turn out well, but unless you can clear the team and secure 3 1st rd picks then whats the point?

Second, SammyD WANTED TO SIGN HERE FIRST before we were even looking at him. What do you think that looks like to players around the league, regarding Houston's level of attraction, if someone openly wants to be here, would clearly fill a need, but then we low ball them and back out on them in the end.

15. Htown's2kFinest

He might be out of shape but what evidents do you have that he's a head case???

16. TheWhopper

TheWhopper Member

MarkBermanFox26: Rockets still in negotiations to land free agent center Samuel Dalembert. http://t.co/ack2KA2V

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It takes two to tango. Whatever he was demanding, either in terms of years or $$$, we weren't having and vice versa.

This fits in with what Morey said earlier about loving to have him if it made sense for both sides. Obviously, Dalembert wants more than we're willing to give and Morey's not willing to limit his ability to make other deals by overpaying the guy.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Rockets never sign out-of-shape head cases.

Sincerely

[​IMG]

20. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Sammy is definitely a good center, but it is clearly that he wants a multiple year deal with Houston. Tying our-self with an old player will slow down the development of the Rox's young and lower the possibility to trade for an all-star player.
    When you look at the teams which are shipping out their all-star player such as Nets and Hornets, they are really in favorite of young player, salary room and high draft-pick than middle age or old players whose ability has already been proven.
    Although it is not likely that J.Hill or T.Will could ever become a superstar, they have showed some promise that they can be a solid role player. And if any of the young project works out, it can be a critical asset in the package for an all-star trade.