1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] DeAndre Jordan - Huge Poster Dunk on Pau Gasol & Andrew Bynum (12.19.11)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Dec 19, 2011.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yPUeBOlZ3ck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. aicedo

aicedo Member

one power dribble from the free throw line!!!:eek:wow!!!
    loving the videos by the way, keep em coming please:grin:

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I thought Gasol was traded.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

So did the Rockets.

2 people like this.
  5. yo

yo Contributing Member

6. Apps

Apps Member

I prefer "The City of Lobs Angeles" over "Lob City". At least the former directly reps L.A.'s official name.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's actually really impressive... on defenders, power, distance, height...had everything, but a cupcake.

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

He had another real good dunk on a CP3 lob a little later.

Why draft a 19 year old athletic 7 footer when you can get a 25 year old undersized "ray lewis with a basketball," especially when your team desperately needs a C.

Edit: The lob dunk was added below. Mad props batkins. DJ has 3 blocks as well so far.

Double Edit: Another lob from CP3 as well...we might as well stop keeping track because lob city has been established.

#8 Kwame, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  9. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

eh, nice dunk, but was actually in between gasol and bynum, if it was on anyone it was on bynum

10. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

Here's the alley oop from CP3 to Jordan...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cLUsozzOQzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, here's a couple nice plays from Josh McRoberts...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aphCoqCU4cY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. stefanb

stefanb Member

now watch all the lakers fans turn into clippers fans. haha

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I made a thread about Jordan and his potential on the Rockets stating that Rockets made a mistake not drafting him, some of the posters laughed at me!

The Jordan believers will get the last laugh! ;)

13. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

man. CP3 is gonna enjoy playing with those guys. Lobs all day, 10 assists easily with eyes closed.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I never understood that logic. He could've Yao Ming replacement going forward. I didnt see how a raw dorsey was nba ready to play center at 6'5 and 25 yrs old already.

15. joesr

joesr Member

This Clippers squad is looking so nice

16. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I went to the clippers scrimmage last Sunday and DeAndre looked great. The knack on him though is that 2/3 of his shots are dunks and they want him to develop an outside shot like Griffin. The problem with these young guys is that they will always rely on their athletic ability to get to the basket. I wonder how much time they develop their other skills outside of dunking.

Still, I love seeing that Clippers are now the better team than the Lakers.

My favorite teams Rockets #1 and Clippers #2!!

17. Awesome

Awesome Member

Why video when you can gif it

this guy here is fast

1 person likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

lob city b**** lob lob city b****

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the only thing I hated about Morey's drafting was the refusal to draft raw players with big time tools when we have Yao. (Dante Greene was destined to be moved)

I think Morey's approach now that we are rebuilding will be different. You saw that with them drafting Montiejunas and I hope it continues next summer.

20. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Perhaps, but you could also argue that unleashing an immature 19 year old into the same situation that caused Dorsey to become a low-functioning alcoholic in Houston would have been even worse. Situation matters; by all accounts Blake has been a major influence on DeAndre in terms of work habits, and since the Clippers weren't making playoff runs, they were able to give Jordan many more minutes to develop. As hard of a worker as Yao was, he wasn't the kind of guy to push others to get better.

Man, I do not envy the job of a GM; people can criticize you for one draft mistake while conveniently forgetting that you drafted a 24 year old undersized PF with a shaky knee over the 6'11", 20 year old super athletic #1 HS prospect, and you were dead right that time.