1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets in negotiations with Dalembert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 15, 2011.

1. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

I'm not even talking about "we" Houston specifically. Just making a point that this whole superstars attracting other superstars is blown way out of proportion. At the end of the day, its money first and everything else second.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

If the Rockets sign the Haitian Sensation, he'll help the team log more miles on the mediocrity treadmill.

3. Spooner

Spooner Member

LOL ok buddy why don't you leave that to the MIT grad? Judging by your atrocious grammar, it would be safe to assume you have never been to college.

4. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

oh please if we get dalambert and morey makes some more of his magical moves, The sky's the limit.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Sammy just solidifies our mediocrity. I would much rather see him go to Dallas where he would have a much better chance at winning a championship.

I would much rather us go after Varejao in a trade than get Sammy D. That dude is flying way below the radar.

6. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Never doubt Money Ball.
    What is your problem?
    You should have blind faith in mary no matter what

7. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

I hope he is the center we get. Is the TE of 7 million the one from the Battier trade ? When does it expire and does it work as follows:

sign Dalembert to two year 16$ million, only $9million counts against the cap for two years ?

8. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Dalambert is a superstar we can build a dynasty around him

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I could see this team as currently constructed getting as high as 5th seed with a legitimate, rim-protecting center. I think most people both overestimate the importance of a "true superstar" compared to the players we already have, and underestimate how much we need a legitimate 7-footer on defense and rebounding.

1 person likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then why not go all in? Does Houston have enough assets to acquire Howard .... and Rondo .... this season?

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Good signing. Nothing else to say about it. Just solid if it happens.

1 person likes this.
  12. OremLK

OremLK Member

Not and have an actual team to get anywhere in the playoffs, if we got into the playoffs at all. Our supporting cast would make Orlando's look kingly.

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I agree with Dally going to Dallas, but do they have the space?

14. GzUs

GzUs Member

Just sing Dalembert already....Give him a 1 or 2 year deal and WALAAA....We have a center....I'm gonna go bald and grey if I havta watch Thabbeet all year...

15. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

One thing nobody seems to mention, new stars emerge out of the playoffs almost every year. With a decent center, Sammy, Chris or whoever, we very well could end up deep in this year's playoffs. Houston teams always show great heart. This would give K-Mart and Scola more exposure, causing their value to increase. So whether you see them as integral to our chances to win, or just trade fodder...a solid play-off run by K-Mart would help this team immensely. And could possibly propel him to All-Star status. As hype often trumps talent anyway and Kevin's never been seen scoring on a winning playoff team.Its not like Dirk is known for his defense either. A little National exposure for this team, and all of our assets could grow in value.

16. Burko

Burko Member

He will clog up the paint at least.

17. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Just sign Dalembert and we'll be fine.

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's the most logical choice now, really.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

What evidence do we have the Morey is doing a great job?

20. koby1868

koby1868 Member

Sam is exactly what this team is missing. It's funny how most people on ClutchFans felt more confident with Chuck as our Center than what he's going to bring to the table if we can sign him. Our team scores a ton of points and not many of those were coming from the chuck wagon last year... Having a legit big man will make everyone's defense look better. It won't matter as much if k-mart and bud get beat going to the rim because we'll have an actual defender. The Rockets spread the floor very well which will probably open up a lot of easy baskets around the rim for the big man. Make the move Morey its what we need to win right now. No need to tank.