1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What a Disappointment! Part II

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zainahsan93, Dec 14, 2011.

1. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

They did it through... I am gonna say a naughty word people dont like around here.

The DRAFT!

dododododododooooo[​IMG] duhduhduh!

2. rocketsfan23

rocketsfan23 Member

i totally agree. morey is crap

3. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Easy to say but not easy to refute. What could he have done differently? Morey has had his nose in every top free agent that has been available. The 14th pick every year will not get the assets necessary for a blockbuster trade. Which is why we are always involved in the 3-team trades. Disappointment is understood; but we have one of the better GMs in the league.

4. makman

makman Member

We got it after your first post, stop making threads regarding the same thing, and if your going to make a thread, think long and hard before.

1 person likes this.
  5. rocketsfan23

rocketsfan23 Member

i understand now. there should be more ppl like you explaining stuff cause ppl on this website are just plain stupid.

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

You know, I was really pissed off when your stupid *** thread got locked up, because I was about to give you a piece of my mind. You are an idiot. By the way, Morey did offer a large contract to Bosh. I guess you completely missed that one.... there goes the whole premise of your argument. Did you ever stop to think that maybe there are more desirable destinations for free agents? You are so off base, it is laughable. As if the failed Gasol/Nene pairing wasn't enough anguish, now we have to put up with idiots like you. Get out of this forum. We are all begging you. I am so tired of this......

7. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

It is not Morey's fault that we have no assets.

-------Morey is God ----------------------.

8. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Dalembert is worthless to rockets....

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This off season started off exciting, but like the last couple off seasons for the rox, it turned out stressful, boring and disappointing. smh

10. zainahsan93

zainahsan93 Member

This team is not exciting anymore, T-Will is the only bright spot

11. raj87

raj87 Member

Relax, we have Greg "Big hands, I know you're the one" Smith

12. Damion Laverne

Cool story bro! Tell it again. No really! TELL IT AGAIN! :grin:

13. makman

makman Member

Irony in you deciding what's bright.....

14. 3Four

3Four Member

I'm going to have to disagree with you, Zain.

I think this team is exciting.

We have up and coming, athletic players in Patterson, Morris, Budinger, Lowry, Lee, T-Will, etc.

We have veteran's who get the job done like Scola, and Martin.

We also have a few players who need to prove themselves, and might just develop a chip on their shoulder, and find themselves as NBA professionals.

I think the Rockets are going to be interesting.

And yes, the last piece is a starting big. Dalembert may not be the right option, but he's worth looking at.

As my best friend always tells me when I get fired up, "Paitence, 2 Sweet...." (if you have never seen the Penitentiary movie franchise, you wont get the joke). :) All we can do, is wait and see.

15. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

What does that make Otis smith?

16. teebone21

teebone21 Member

son look at clippers starting lineup, 3 of 5 players they did not draft as well as none of their bench. check before commenting. Jordan and blake only. butler, cp3 and cbillups are from other teams and FA:rolleyes:

17. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

First off, I'm not your son. Using a lineup that didn't include Chris Paul when I posted does not prove a point. They drafted Griffin, Gordon, Aminu, and Kaman. Three of which were used to trade for Paul. So the point is valid. They improved through the draft. To argue against that fact is ignorant. We haven't had the draft position to get a Blake Griffin and comparable trade pieces to: 1) attract a star and 2) have the pieces to attain the star. It is a horrible comparison because we lost Yao without time for a contingency plan and we are trying to rebuild while remaining competitive. You do not have to resort to insult to try and prove an ill-fated point.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

They also waited for....8 plus years!!!!

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

They improved through the draft for almost a decade of sucking and missing the playoffs. If you counted the time they had Elton Brand and still missed the playoffs or are one-and-done, then that's almost 2 decades of sucking to get to this point, and they still haven't done anything yet. Yeah, we should definitely follow the Clippers building plan. We'll have a scary team in 2031 :rolleyes:

20. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Maybe you should read because you obviously misread my post or misquoted.