1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFLN: Best team in the AFC?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Uprising, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Precision340

Precision340 Member

Lol.. I'm surprised we're favorites against Carolina this week. :grin:

2. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

didn't you know? black makes you look slimmer.

3. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

I'd have us at 4. Behind Green Bay, Baltimore and New Orleans.

4. aakhan786

aakhan786 Contributing Member

Not only did we not move up in these "so called" Power Rankings, temporally being the # 1 seed, but we also beat the tougher opponent in comparison to the top six. How sad is that! Bengals are unfortunate they played the Ravens twice, Steelers and Texans. Other teams who won moved up and down, but beating the tougher opponent still gets us no respect!

5. aakhan786

aakhan786 Contributing Member

Top 5 at least.

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I read Cold Hard Football Facts; they've routinely showered the Texans whith much love, including this little gem from their power rankings:

7. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Seedings are based on mathematical comparisons, "power" rankings are based on some dude's decision... :eek:

Don't believe the hype, it's a sequel... as an equal, can I get this through to you? :cool:

8. RedNews

RedNews Member

What I'm tired of is them saying we are currently the #1 seed. Um, no we really aren't. If all 10-3 teams win out we don't get a bye. In order to get a bye, we will need either New England or Baltimore to lose a game.

That doesn't sound like a #1 seed in charge of their own destiny. That sounds like a team that is going to need help.

9. msn

msn Member

Um, yes we are. They said, "currently". The other two teams play stronger opponents than the Texans over the next three weeks; that is what will drop them in tie-breakers.

But right now, the Texans are #1 baby. Why b**** about that? It's never happened in our wildest dreams before. I, for one, am quite enjoying it.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Actually, I think they are currently #1 solely on the fact that their conference record is 8-2 while Baltimore and New England are 7-2 since they have played all of their NFC games. Prior to last week's games, Baltimore and New England had the 2 easiest finishing 4 weeks based on opponent's winning percentage.

11. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Go SD and Denver!

Vjax is long due for one of his 180 yard 3 TD games, and Tebow has shown he can throw against bad defenses.

12. Relentless

Relentless Member

My buddy just told me NFLN is hating on houston winning the division...

Anyone confirm?

13. plates300

plates300 Member

not hating on us, but stating facts. Deion said Yates can't be trusted in the playoffs, and to a certain degree, I agree with him. Yes he has two wins, but the playoffs are a different animal. Everyone else was for Yates.

1 person likes this.
  14. Relentless

Relentless Member

Thanks. I'm just catching the end of the show.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Segment is online. Posted in another thread.

16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I love the fact that we are still flying under the radar. Reminds me of the 92-93 Rockets. Getting no respect the guys will play with a chip on their shoulders.

17. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Sapp is loving Houston, earlier in the week, in a do-over QB draft someone said Yates is no.2.
    Only Deion says Yates has no chance in the playoffs, because its very different playing in the playoffs.

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Good point, Deion. If only Yates could play to the level of Mark Sanchez, who clearly is an elite quarterback based on his playoff wins. Oh, wait. :rolleyes:

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Let them doubt. It's more fun that way. Clutch City was that way. The Astros playoff runs in 04 and 05 were that way. Easier to motivate a locker room when it's "us against the world." And much sweeter for the fans.

20. Relentless

Relentless Member

Not saying he's elite, but he's been to two AFC championship games in his first 3 years. Tired for most road playoff victories...so, yeah.