1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pricing for NBA League Pass Broadband 2011/2012: Domestic

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by A_3PO, Dec 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing you have to buy those as well once the time comes...?

2. JJ

JJ Member

You have never been able to get out of market NBA games by having the regional sports packages. You have to pay the premium, which means you have to purchase the NBA League Pass. Someone posted earlier that you could watch pre and post game shows, but once the game starts it will black out. Don't buy the regional sports package if you want to watch professional sports, they will be blacked out unless the team is in your market.

3. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

National games, which would be playoff and finals games are never shown on league pass.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Which is why, as a Rockets fan, it is necessary to get.

DD

5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

In 2010-2011, the Playoffs and Finals Premium and Standard packages were offered at $99.95 and $79.95 respectively.

they offer a playoff package indeed at a premium price

1 person likes this.
  6. Parlett316

Parlett316 Contributing Member

For league pass broadband or for regular Directv Comcast LP?

I'm in Baltimore so I need LP so, whatever really.

7. thephatp

thephatp Contributing Member

The weird thing, though, is that the Rockets are not the regional team in Austin--that would be the Spurs. Now, the Astros are regional (even though I still see a lot of Rangers games), but that shouldn't matter since the different leagues hold different regional contracts.

So, I was just surprised that they black out the Rockets when the Spurs are the regional team.

8. Sandi

Sandi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

League Pass Price $117

I spoke with Time Warner Austin yesterday and they told me the price was $117 for the season. I tried to sign up, but was told that package was not yet available and to call back next week. They will definitely have it....just could not activate it yesterday.

1 person likes this.
  9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Another thing to consider is after looking at NBA TV's schedule for the season, seems like it has more games per week than in prior years. This devalues LPBB. I counted 26 days where NBA TV actually has a doubleheader (including one tripleheader on a Saturday). For those unaware, NBATV games are blacked out on League Pass and LPBB.

Since, U-Verse just started offering NBA TV last season, maybe this is nothing new.

Bottom line for me is in addition to the 82 Rockets games on FSN & KTXH, there are 59 more OKC and Bulls games on TNT, ESPN, NBATV and WGN (nationally). Not mention additional games of other teams I follow. This doesn't even include online options.

I can make do with that. Forget LPBB!

10. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I think you were misinfomred.

http://www.timewarnercable.com/texas/learn/programming/sports/packages/nbaleaguepass.html

Offers and Pricing

Start of Season Free Preview: Decemeber 25 2011 – January 8, 2012

Regular Season Offer: Decemeber 25, 2011 – February 24, 2012
    Regular Season Offer Pricing: $169.00 or 4 payments of $42.25

Half Season Free Preview: February 28 – March 4, 2012
    Half Season Offer: February 25 – April 4, 2012
    Half Season Offer Pricing: $89.00

Race to the Playoffs Offer: April 5 – April 26, 2012
    Race to the Playoffs Pricing: $49.00

11. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Does anyone have experience watching league pass on a Roku? I just got one and I was wondering how it performed on there.

12. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

I was planning on going with Rockets, Pacers, Grizzlies, Clippers and Thunder.

I live on the east coast.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

14. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

I did this last year. It was really buggy. The stream would just stop, and you had to reload it. Towards the end of the season it was better, but I wouldn't be able to take a whole season of that.

15. across110thstreet

you guys are talking about League Pass on cable , this thread is about League Pass broadband on the Internet.

from the website page, the playoff pricing is for broadband

16. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does anybody know of way to watch the Rockets if they are in your local market with LP? I have read that switching IPs may work.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sorry, but after the NBA screwed around with the fans with this lockout, they need to offer the fans a break...and I am talking about giving away this shortened season FOR FREE on league pass.

Get the fans back that are pissed off.

As for me, I will NOT be subscribing to this season. It is the first time in the last 4 years.

2 people like this.
  18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

They convert your IP address to the zip code of your internet provider. You have to get outside the blacked out zip codes.

VPN to a proxy server is a possibility, but it might have lag time. The VPN that charge a small monthly fee claim to be fast ... for bittorrent ppl, etc.

Note: you will still get blacked out of any NBA games in the area surrounding your VPN server's IP address. Just like if you traveled to NY with your laptop and logged in from your hotel room to watch a game. The Knicks and NJ would be blacked out.

19. arjun

arjun Member

Can you watch league pass BB on a PS3?

20. across110thstreet

repped and agree 100%.

but be sure to cancel it yourself or you will get auto renewed!

here is the nba's response when I emailed them my dissatisfaction and request to cancel