1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Morey still a demi-god.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yaowza!, Dec 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

He made the cp3 deal happen. Just got blocked by stern. Oh the things that could of happened if that trade went through.. Front Court of gasol/nene or gasol brothers...

What's so great about Morey as a gm is he doesn't overpay for players, but usually gets more in return.

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

"Morey, you shall not interfere in the affairs of Man!"

--Stern

[​IMG]

3. Yaowza!

Yaowza! Member

Thus the question about Morey's capabilities to get the job done. Just a discussion at this point.

4. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I think you nailed it on the head there. He has been amazing with finding talent, but not so talented with trades.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

What's up with all these Ingram references lately. He's like my *******. He just makes **** up.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hes done a terrific job thus far given the circumstances. To boot, he's been a great talent evaluator. He's pulled more players out of thin air than any other GM in the league over the past couple of years.

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Who the heck is that? And why should we care what he thinks?

8. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

He means Murray

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Morry is a demi-god. I don't know about Morey.

10. Raven

Raven Member

He seems to imply that Morey isn't well liked around the league. Who knows. That would be the sort of thing the Chronic could clear up, but that would involve real reporting, so I'm not holding my breath.

11. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Gasol and Nene as our core? Did you realize the rest of our team would be practically non existence:rolleyes:

12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

13. logggur

logggur Member

It's pretty cool that the same people calling Daryl bad at trades are denouncing trading Luis Scola and Kevin Martin in the same breath.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

The only bad trade Morey has ever made was Battier for Thabust.

Find me another trade which has been poor for the Rockets? (and please do not say the Gasol deal as a) it didn't go down and b) time would have been the only way to tell whether or not that trade was good for the Rockets, and please do not mention the Battier deal as Battier was an outstanding fit for us and the goal at the time was to win with YaoMac and Battier put us in a better position at that than Gay would have).

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Links?

My guess would be he has a rep for often not being willing to pay enough to get a deal done, because he's set himself a limit on what a guy is worth. But, I don't see how that translates to not be willing to do business with him.

16. ApuN

ApuN Member

How are you blaming this on Morey??

I have to scratch my head and laff and repeat,

how are you blaming this on Morey?

Stern totally screwed us out of this deal. The Rockets as structured are a mediocre team.

He had a deal done that makes us better but Stern and his monstous ego effed it up

And as far as these sources about alienating agents, where are they? please show a link

17. plates300

plates300 Member

Morey has the capability to get the job done. Maybe it's time that Les changed his approach...I dare anyone to find another GM that can rebuild while still being competitive. And by competitive, I mean fighting for a playoff spot.

18. htown11

htown11 Member

"Morry".... is the only thing that really caught my eye in this.

19. conquistador#11

maury!

Mauryball is cute and all but at the end of the day the old suck and get lucky in the draft is still the best way to go, especially when today's 'superstars' just want to tag team each other.

As to finding talent in the draft, the don was able to find dirk and scouted yao way before anybody without using his pentium 1.

I blame Maury's failures on yao's foot. =( We should have been 2009 champs.

Go Morey!

20. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Lowry, Bud, Lee, Morris, Patterson... We would have been just fine. A front line of Gasol and Nene would have been one of the best in the league. That's a lot of size and scoring in the paint. Something we have not had since Dream played here.