1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Petition or movement to get Stern fired

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by IBTL, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

I don't believe in any of those things you mentioned, but most people agree that boxing is often corrupt. Politics (local to national) is occasionally rigged, just look at the "one time only" Supreme Court ruling in Bush's favor in Florida. The court said this ruling applies here and nowhere else in the country. Not to mention the fact that when MJ pulled a Pete Rose and was forced out of the league for awhile, it still isn't common knowledge this is why he left. Some things are fixed, most are not, but often appear that way to the fans.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's a corrupt maniac.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I hate him because of the pussification of the game. It's affecting some pick up games where people would be calling foul for handchecking just because the ENBEAY does it. Also let Iverson have his oversized shirt-robe and sagging pants!

On another note I don't know how much of an improvement we'd see if Adam Silver takes the throne after the current sith lord.

4. thebender

thebender Member

I'm not sure if I am missing something here....and I am asking genuinely because I'd like to learn more about the history of the league. But how does that video of the 1985 draft support a statement that he rigged it? Is the video supposed to support this?

5. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Omg that was totally rigged, I'm sorry I doubted you man. I also want your opinion on the JFK assassination. Do you think it might've been the CIA?

6. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Well crazies blieve that the league tilted the corner of the knick's enveloped so stern would easily identify it.

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If you did research on half of the things you mentioned you would be very surprised lol. And seriously, it's people like you that keep Stern in his place of power! The world is constantly changing around you, and keeping the same views in a changing world is both dangerous and stupid.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

There's nothing any of you can do to hasten Stern's departure, so stop wasting your time. I do think his retirement is probably close anyway (I'm betting after the season ends), so just be patient.

I'm sure the next guy will be MUCH better. :rolleyes:

9. Raven

Raven Member

I don't see it happening. Stern blew his last #### getting the CBA pushed through. He's going to cave to whatever the owners demand, and the majority of owners did not want Chris Paul in LA.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

dude, you used the crazy ancient alien guy as a surrogate! Pure genius! repped!

11. rawool

rawool Member

I'd like to wear one of these.

[​IMG]

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If Stern cared at all about the integrity of the game, he would fix the officiating. The NBA is just one step from the WWE, which is why I barely watch the NBA anymore. If it weren't for the rockets, I wouldn't watch at all.

13. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

If a team can be docked a first round draft choice for tampering then at the minimum we should be given an extra lottery pick because of tampering.

Les must be a pansy.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah, really it's all on Les. I don't understand how he can just sit there and take this, knowing full well how badly Stern's interference hurt our team. And this business with the Clippers magically getting the winning bid for Billups by $35, while in negotiations with the league over Bledsoe ... it just doesn't smell right. I trust all of you are emailing the league and registering your disgust.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

tell me why you are still allowed to post here:

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...mish-lied-about-failed-three-team-2409742.php

C'mon guys let's talk about actionable things we can do as fans.

This is enough and I'm tired of it. We need this guy out and need to look at ways to get it done NOW.

No more fixing games, no more grandstanding , no more 'commissioner lying' scandals this is approaching the baseball steroids comedy and wrestling.

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

what are your ideas?

18. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

To throw off suspicion so he can rig it in other years. YA GOD DAMN CRACKHEAD

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking electric chair or maybe some kind chinese water torture.

A petition might be a starting point..A website along the lines of 'FireDavidStern.com' could get some traction.

Sounds like everyone is okay with it all and inclined to just take it like we have been for the last forever since this joker came along.

I'm not an activist just a monkey on a message board trying to start a dialogue..

what would you propose?

here's the article btw
    "
    Calling NBA commissioner David Stern's assertion the Rockets' vetoed trade for Pau Gasol was never considered a done deal "an outright lie," a person with knowledge of the process from start to finish said Stern was informed throughout the day of the trade before he refused to let it go through.

Acting as the top executive of the Hornets, Stern would not allow Hornets general manager Dell Demps to complete the deal that would have sent Chris Paul to the Lakers and Gasol to the Rockets with Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic going to New Orleans.

Stern said in a media conference call last week that he was only "generally informed about the discussions with teams."

He emphasized that Demps never thought the deal to be complete and that his decision as final say on the move was not unlike the customary role of owners during trade negotiations.

But according to two individuals with knowledge of the talks, Demps had assured Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak throughout the day that Stern and other NBA officials had been given all the details of the deal and had signed off on it.

"He said that David was briefed and that it was a done deal," one of the individuals with knowledge of the talks said. "He (Demps) said multiple times that he briefed both of his local officials, (Hornets president) Hugh Webber and (Hornets chairman) Jac Sperling, and they and Dell at regular intervals were updating (NBA vice presidents) Stu Jackson and Joel Litvin and that they told David himself throughout the day. Also, Hugh and Jac, who were updating the league office, understood it to be a deal."

Morey on Saturday again declined to comment, citing as he did Thursday the advice of counsel not to discuss details of the conversations or his feelings about the NBA decision.

One of the individuals with knowledge of the talks said Rockets owner Leslie Alexander had told Morey not to comment in any way on his feelings about the trade being disallowed. Another person with knowledge of the Rockets' thinking said there are no plans to take legal action.

But Morey and Alexander were livid about Stern's action, according to the person with knowledge of the discussions that day and since. Alexander had tried to speak directly with Stern after the deal was originally nixed and again as Morey, Demps and Kupchak tried to rebuild the deal, but did not get a returned call until after the Lakers had pulled out of the discussions.

By then, the person said, Alexander had no interest in speaking with Stern and has declined to speak with him since.

The Rockets had hoped that with Gasol and the added cap space to sign Nene, who instead returned to the Nuggets. With the bolstered front line, the Rockets intended to bring back Chuck Hayes to a roster they believed would then be in position to contend in the West.

"You (Alexander) can say he was very angry," the person, speaking on condition of anonymity, said. "He was on the phone with Daryl too many times that day to count. Constantly, Dell Demps told them he had spoken to David. When the deal finally got done, he got a call from Daryl saying the deal was done. Afterwards, the commissioner said he didn't think the deal was done. It was amazing. Daryl is extremely efficient and does things the proper way. (Lakers owner) Jerry Buss has been in the league 30 years and has made countless deals and thought the deal was done. Mitch Kupchak thought the deal was done. There was no question in his (Alexander's) and Daryl's minds the deal was done."

But Stern said last week that he never signed off on the deal and that Demps never thought that he had, calling reports that there was an agreement an effort of individuals with vested interests speaking anonymously to force the Hornets to make the trade.

"Dell never thought the deal to be done, and those who said that, all for attribution off the record, were trying to force him to make that deal," Stern said. "But Dell came to us in the normal course. He was presenting lots of different options and opportunities. He then presented this one to Jac and me, and we said that we weren't ready to sign off on that one at that time. He said, 'OK ... we have a very valuable player, and let's go let's see what else we can do.' "

Told of Stern's description of the negotiations and communication prior to his decision to not allow the deal, the person with knowledge of the talks that day said: "That's an outright lie. Dell said the deal was done.

"The way David was acting, you can tell he didn't want to talk to anybody," one of the individuals with direct knowledge of the process said. "He was playing general manager."

The Rockets and Lakers continued to negotiate until the Hornets finally made the deal with the Clippers, getting Eric Gordon, Al-Faruoq Aminu, Chris Kaman and the Timberwolves' unprotected first-round pick. Stern said that deal was better for the Hornets because of its emphasis on younger players and to better position the Hornets to be sold.

According to another individual involved in the talks at the time, the Hornets amended their trade demands from the Rockets at the NBA's direction to say Kyle Lowry would have to replace Dragic in the deal along with Patrick Patterson or Chase Budinger and an additional first-round pick.

"Until the trade was complete with the Clippers, they (the Rockets, Hornets and Lakers) were in constant negotiations," the individual with knowledge of the talks said. "(Alexander) doesn't believe the league negotiated in good faith. They were using them (the Rockets) to up the ante with the Clippers."

Stern said he did not believe his role in the trade decision would produce a conflict of interest, calling his involvement a "frozen moment in time."

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member