1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Quinn Song

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Chance, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

Kevin and I have finished the Mike Quinn song. As a fellow graduate of SFA I have rooted for no Texan more!!!!

Super Lumberjack Man

Let me know what you guys think!

2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This is by far your best overall music production. I would be very proud of this work if I were you. It flows so well.

The Yao Ming song(which is very good) might be a more famous hit, but this by far is the best overall serious musical song you have produced so far.

If you keep working at it I think you could have a future in the music industry if you so choose.

David

3. Chance

Thanks David. I am very proud of it. We did it primarily to go on our demo to show some range outside of rapping and silliness but as we worked on it we started putting some real emotion into it. It should on Sportsradio 610 Monday BTW.

4. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Granted, I am not a music industry guy, but in my broadcast journalism major at UT we use the most common editing prgram of Pro Tools(which a lot of artists use), so I understand the process of taking stuff that is recorded and putting it all together. It's how I made my radio stories this fall.

I just feel you really wanted to prove you can be a serious musician with this tune, because it just musically is so smooth and flows very well from what I hear.

And I am listening to it right now again.

I think you might want Jeff's opinion, but from what I hear, if your songs go this direction from now on, you could use your Yao Ming song fame to catapult you and your band into the music industry and have sticking power.

If anything you had a good time producing it, and can say you have songs played by a popular NBA franchise.

I just don't think you should constrain yourself from doing this permanently, because you are good at it, and seem to really love it.

Hope I helped.

5. Chance

Come on Jeff, Refman, all you other guys! I need some input. This iis catered for a demo cd more than over the air...

By the 4th time you fall in love with the out of tune guitar, right?????

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Chance--

Outstanding work buddy!!!! That will sound great on a demo CD. Be sure that you register with BMI before sending it out to any record company sharks.

Other Texans I'd like to hear songs for (like you do requests :) )

Jamie Sharper
    Kailee Wong
    Gary Walker
    Jabar Gaffney
    David Carr
    Chester Pitts (you could call it "Holding")

Those are just suggestions. Anyway...keep it up...you're on a roll, brother.

EDIT: You could do a Refman song while you're at it. :D ;)

#6 Refman, Nov 24, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2002
  7. mduke

mduke Member

Those songs on your site are awesome Chance....

Do you mind if I post that Yao Ming song on another basketball site I mod at?

8. Chance

You can but let me know wherre it is. I will be selling CD's soon as as soon as I do I'm going to have it lifted from all of the sites and a link to my retail site put up. So please just be honest and let me know what site it will be on.

9. mduke

mduke Member

OK, it'll be at basketballboards.net....just email me thru the BBS whenever you want me to take the link down, or whatever;)