1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

exactly what is moochie's purpose??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swt939, Nov 24, 2002.

1. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Cato institute:
    Do you still think that we shouldn't have drafted Ming, cause of Caot?

2. SA Rocket

SA Rocket Contributing Member

OK ClutchCity it's time to rally......

I just fired off an email to the Rockets web site similar to the plea I made to Tim above. I am pleading for us to rally and all fire off thousands of emails to them.

Come on guys, we've rallied before on other occasions. Let's do it now! We've at least got to let them know how we feel. How about it?

3. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

If Clutch wants to start a rumor this would be a perfect one, Moochie for a 2nd round pick, and then show last year's stats. Maybe somebody will think "D@mn, a back-up PG who puts up 5 assist a game, lets take a chance!" Then hopefully somebody like Minnesota or Utah or Suns will take him and then we can watch Moochie bring them down from the inside.

4. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Well I thought Walt Williams sucked last year and should have been cut. But geez, lately he's looking like a stud with the Mavs....

5. Rockets3511

Rockets3511 Member

I think Moochie is one of a few dumb players on the team that seem to always make the dumbest decisions in the critical moments of a game. Moochie can't play defense they say he is suppose to be an offense spark off the bench but he cancels his offense out with his lack of defense and poor decision making in the critical moments of a game. Rudy is crazy!

6. pooh222

pooh222 Member

This can't be emphasized enough!!!

7. MManal

MManal Member

If the Rockets want to run Francis at 2 guard for a chunk of the game, why not get a PG that can properly run the show? Even if its just as a third guard. Moochie is totally awful and should not be in during crunch time. I am very very disgusted by this whole thing and hope the Rockets figure something out in the near future.

Moochie clearly has not worked on his shooting at all this summer and continues to clang free throws/open shots etc. The fact that he made one three pointer in the 4th is an amazing accomplishment considering how far his game has fallen.

8. cujo

cujo Member

I'm not gonna give up on Moochie yet, but Rudy needs to bench him for a while.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Is he having trouble sleeping again?? His play is inexplicable, maddening, Pepto-inducing and causing ME to lose sleep.

10. PSU

PSU Member

Moochie is an Iverson wannabe who CAN"T SHOOT!!!

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Thanks for going into such detail. Here allow me to finish your sentence...

I think he is better then Francis in a couple of areas, like um, er, gimme a minute... um... he's got a cooler first name... um... thinking here... and his bobblehead rocks!

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Uhhh, forget it, you've shown what little you know with that one.

13. C-Kompii

C-Kompii Member

Moochie almost cost us the game with stupid turn overs and miss free throws against Washington too... I said cut him, trade him or just dont give him any play time please.

-G'day-

14. kountzer

kountzer Member

I think the rockets overpaid Mooch, but I really don't think he is playing that bad. I doubt that there is a player in the nba who plays major minutes, who has not blown a game or two. The good ones always bounce back. Several things factor in: it was a 2:30pm game, the new zone defense takes some getting used to, the whole rockets team are missing a lot of free throws lately. Also, the refs called an incredible tight game. I haven't seen travels and double dribbles called so tightly since high school.

~kountzer~

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Let's cut moochie right now...

I've had enough of him. I want him out of this team right now. Let's trade thim or if we can't, put him on the IR... it's bad that we pay millions to him but it's worst to see him play and make our team lose...grrr!

16. playahata

playahata Member

For all the crap that the Rockets get about playing too much one on one it seems that it is most prevalent when Moochie is in the game. His game is too playground.....dribble dribble dribble .When he is running the point the rockets get whatever offense they have started with less than 10 sec. on the shot clock. I agree with Rudy's tried and true strategy of exploiting mismatches. This team has a lot of guys who can cause serious matchup programs. Moochie is not one of those players, yet he dominates the ball. On a related note, I like a lot of Kenny's game, except for the fact that he is a black hole....have you ever seen him dish or kick the ball out??

17. blackwidow89

blackwidow89 Member

we shouldve let moochie go that preseason, and kept damon jones. atleast damon jones can hit a jumper. and btw a backup point that sits out of training camp for money is the first sign of stupidity

18. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

wizard didn't sucked last year, and rockets didn't cuted him, is himself didn't resign with rockets so he can find more playin times.

19. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

i think moochie is a cute person, and he can hit some shot in the key moments.but rockets should never paid him that much! it's just made him so lazy and pride.

here is a solution, cut his salary and playin time, c if that can make him realize how bad he is playin and make him work hard. if that didn't happend, then we better cut him or trade him away.

20. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Moochie has become a major liability. I cringe every time he is put into the game. He cannot shoot. He cannot defend. He cannot hit free throws. He cannot pass well. What can he do? Make stupid mental mistakes and lose games for the Rockets!

He needs to be benched or traded. This has become ridiculous with him.:mad: