1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

nothing new really.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

i agree

2 people like this.
  3. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

I doubt thar mchale would know better than karl about how to integrate a player into the offense
    - mchale does however, have the advantage of teaching post moves

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nene does play center but his skill set is great as a PF. Kind of like Al Jefferson.

I don't know how he'd hold up defensively against the smaller quicker PF in the league though

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Don't get it twisted...

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. cod

cod Member

It's looking like Morey is the one who want to add more players in order to free up money to match the Nets offer to Nene.

7. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Jumping from twitter account to twitter account -- Man, Jonathan Feigen has a horrible photo ...

Refresh!!

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Scola already had all of McHale's moves down pat......

;)

DD

9. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

i wonder if paying nene big money can help a straight up trade for lopez.. now that would be a good twin tower combo

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey has not even said a word. I don't think he will ever stop trying.
    He knows Gasol is only top 11 player not on Durant's, Rose' or Lebron's level.
    Gasol has never been a superstar. Morey said he wanted an allstar caliber player. Superstar is tier above allstar both in ticket sales and flashy highlights.
    Morey would make trades all year long and twice at deadlines if it was up to him.

11. crocktees

crocktees Member

Awesome gif.
    This makes me like Gasol more than I ever have.
    Still don't want.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Twin towers that average 14 rebounds and 2.3 blocks per game - COMBINED. Some of you guys here are blinded by dunking videos and reputation.
    Nene and Lopez won't bring any team near a title.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Orlando is going to trade Dwight for the best deal for themselves. Dwight is trying to force them to send him to NJ so he can get Nene to NJ with him and DWill.

This thing is getting real plain now.

Nene is waiting on us to get Gasol because he knows there is a strong possibility that we will trade for Dwight also. Nene wants to play with Dwight. And we are probably willing to give him a no-trade clause that NJ isn't willing to give him. And Orlando probably prefers to send Dwight West but not to LA. And they might have figured out we will offer them more than Bynum. LA cannot give Orlando what we can, which is a quick rebuild by taking back their junk. NJ can't give them what we can give them, which is talent. NJ has picks but if they trade the picks and they got Dwight, Nene, and DWill together, those picks are going to be low 20s first rounders, essentially valueless.

We are in the running for the Dwight/DWill combo to play alongside Nene. It's going to come down to who can get Dwight out of Orlando, once this Chris Paul/Gasol trade goes down.

14. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

If we have to add another significant piece without compensation, I rather just keep the players. The current team with a half-hearted Kevin Martin is better than half a team. These GMs are handling it pretty well, considering the circumstances. I would've lost my temper a long time ago.

I truly don't believe Morey is stupid enough to take this trade. Just because the league demands it, doesn't mean Morey has to accept it.

15. thejav

thejav Member

LMFAO!! TO FUNNY!!

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

That will be a good sig one day.

17. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

you have misunderstood me, im talking about pairing gasol and lopez.
    if dwight goes to new jersey, maybe we can get lopez for nene...
    - this scenario only if dwight signs with them as a FA

18. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Has anyone thought of the possiblity of us doing this trade giving up all nearly everyone, but Nene deciding to go elsewhere anyway?

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This offseason is absolutely insane

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You mean we'll try to send Gasol over for Dwight? It would be the coup of the century! Or the biggest coup since the last time Gasol was traded, to the Lakers lol.