1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Is it?

Is Nene that good? Is he even a ROBIN type of player?

I like Nene, but Scola is just as good as he is, if not better, as is Kmart....Nene is NOT an elite player, contrary to what folks are saying here.

DD

2. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

LOL Pau is SUBSTANTIALLY better than Bosh

3. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He's not better but I would take Bosh over Gasol because of his age.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Gasol doesn't want to come here because he's a soft b**** and he knows the fans here knows he's a soft b****.

And he looks like an ostrich.

1 person likes this.
  5. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I really hope we don't end up with Dalembert instead of Nene now. I would love to throw all the accumulated money we have to Marc Gasol but that would be a huge risk to take. Nene would view himself as a secondary option for the Rockets and if Memphis takes their time in matching, we would end up with no Nene and possibly even no Dalembert.

6. ling ling

ling ling Member

I would take Gasol over those 4 right now.

none can play the post.

7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

But he creates a dynamic Front Court. How many teams in the NBA would have a PF/C combination like we would have??

8. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I've noticed to two things developing...Gasol is too old and doesn't produce enough.

Gasol is 31 and in the prime of his career, should be there until his contract ends.

Gasol is 2nd team all-NBA...how is that not elite? He also doesn't break down every five seconds.

9. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Honestly I dont think the Rockets are gonna win a championship anytime soon. It doesn't matter if the rebuild or not. Usually the same teams win championships because everyone wants to play there. So I'm all for this trade, were sure as hell not going to win a championship but I think if will more entertaining to watch this team.

Im sorry but last year our defense was so bad it was hard to watch. I would rather have weak offense and strong defense any day.

Defense

Lee>Martin
    Pau> Scola
    Nene or Samuel D> Chuck hayes (at the center position)

Scola and Martin gave up just as many points as they scored.

2 people like this.
  10. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Definately on the giving freaking Nene max money part!!

11. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

And if the ping pong balls don't fall we will be drafting in the top 5 for years. And Morey would lose his job. And the only seats filled in Houston would be by the corporate ticket holders. Who would give them to their secretaries who probably would not even bother to show up.

Everything in life is risk/reward. You don't bet your house and your 401K on a ping pong ball.

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

But he's a 20 and 10 soft b****. That's a pretty good soft b****. I don't care who you are.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I know...he is an idiot for wanting to stay in that terrible weather in SoCal. We are perennial contenders here in Houston. He should be dying to come here!

14. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Classic DD. You complain about changing the team, chemistry, and losing Martin and Scola, then throw them under the bus.

15. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

LOL, I would love to have that "soft b****" and his 20 points/10 rebounds/1 block a game.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We'd have to pay it. If this supposed deal isn't at least Pau/Nene for Scola/Martin/Dragic/Knicks pick, then it makes even less sense than I thought it did when I first heard about it. You could construct a team around Pau, Nene, Lee and Lowry, especially if you have Patterson, with Donuts and Morris turning into something, with luck. That's not a bad team at all. I'm concerned that one of our young guys are going to be in this, however. Maybe Bud, maybe the rights to Llull.

17. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Scola is good on offense but he sucks on the defensive end. He gets abused so much its not funny. As for Kmart, LOL. He's a good efficient scorer that gets abused more than Scola.

Nene is a pretty good on the defensive end especially on the pick-and-roll. We need defense.

18. Knetk30

Knetk30 Member

Weren't you the one you was in love in Aaron Brooks and dismissed Kyle Lowry? And do you ever take defense and size in consideration? Also, if Nene or Pau don't fit, they're still tradable assets, they seem to have more cache in this league than Scola and Kmart.

19. crocktees

crocktees Member

You mean the guy that averaged 24 and 11, 2 1/2 blocks as the
    franchise player? His numbers were down last year but that's
    gonna happen when you never touch the ball.

Gasol had his chance as a franchise player in Memphis. How did that
    go for him?

20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Exactly what i said.

This team is heading the positive direction and fans don't see it. Let's let it play out and you Morey haters can come back and be the judge. McHale bring's fight to the team. What we need.

David Stern,

Let this go through.

P.S Angry Rockets fan.

1 person likes this.