1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

put me in the camp of "solidly disappointed not to have a pick in the 2012 draft"....I'm really hoping Morey finds a way in. If that means bringing in Pau to trade him for a high draft pick, then do it.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

No...I just said the ranking you posted was terrible. That's all.

I want us to get Pau and Nene and I am happy with this deal.

3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

All of Gasol's 212 minutes weren't at C. You do realize they were on the court at the same time during that series, right? Aren't we discussing whether Gasol should be our C or not?

4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

So you would want an aged Duncan and an overrated Amare?

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Sorry - you don't get 2 rings playing in the paint major minutes if you are soft.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Why the hell is it news that Gasol would rather be a Laker?

OF COURSE HE WOULD.

It's arguably the most storied franchise in sports, and they've played in the NBA Finals in three of Pau's four years there. Any competitor would rather play for a team they know is a contender. Hell, I'd be worried about Pau's competitive fire if he didn't prefer to stay.

The bottom line is that Pau is a complete professional, so it's not going to be an issue. He's not going to sulk. He's just being honest with the media - all things being equal, he'd rather stay. If I were in his shoes, I would too. Don't make a big deal out of it.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know, supposedly the deepest draft in years......how are we ever going to get a superstar player by constantly getting medium level star players?

Every team that has won started with a developed SUPERSTAR they acquired on draft day.

DD

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I was really hoping the rockets could participate in this deep 2012 draft. Maybe Morey can buy or trade for a pick.

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

20 minutes in a bathroom stall w/ Jerry Sandusky will...

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I don't blame ANY of the NBA players for being upset or even emotionally unsettled during times like these. They might have be forced by their jobs to move TOMORROW. If any of us were working under those conditions (which I'm sure a few of us have been in the past) then we'd be stressed the hell out too.

Scola is an exemplary model for us all at how to cope with these things, but to ask everyone to match his standard--or call them "soft" or "bitter" otherwise--is plain stupid. They're all professionals. They'll deal just like we deal. And don't say it's different when they make millions because we as human beings don't function in that manner. We are creatures of routine, of habit, and no matter how comfortable your life is perceived to be, these sudden perturbations will get to even the best of us.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

A lot of players are switching teams and cities to start this season.

I don't mind it if he's sad to leave. That's of course natural. But if he comes here, I don't want to hear him complaining about his focus and feelings. We had enough of that drama with McGrady.

12. crocktees

crocktees Member

We all hate Kobe, but really?
    One of the best perimeter players of all-time who constantly
    commands double teams and attention was the worst thing that
    ever happened to a interior player who requires space to work.
    His stats will totally go up in Houston at least 5 points right?

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

When did I say that?

Duncan is old. He shouldn't have been at #2 on that list you posted. I like the Pau deal and I hope we can get Nene too.

14. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Did the lakers draft a big star whenever they went downhill in the mid 2000's???

Oh wait, they traded for gasol.

15. DaDakota

I will miss him and his attitude the most...my favorite Rocket since Hakeem.

DD

16. DaDakota

They already had Kobe.....got to have a foundation - or else them trading for Gasol would have made them Memphis......like it has made us...

DD

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

What if Morey included a pick so we had enough cap space to sign a superstar in 2012? I think having to sign a first round pick guaranteed money would hurt our chances.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

DD....what rebuilding team with a lotto pick is going to trade a top 5 pick for Scola and Martin?

19. DaDakota

Ah, I getcha !

I doubt he does that, he is a professional - I am sure he will come here and get to work.

DD

20. ling ling

ling ling Member

Name a better post player. Offence and Defense. I don't see anyone listed.