1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the WEST FINALS Game 3 -- Can the Timberwolves get back in this? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rockets, Lakers, Hornets trade now dead

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 8, 2011.

?

CP3 to LAL, Gasol to HOU, Odom/Scola/Martin/Dragic/pick to NOH. Do you like the move?

1. Yes

332 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. No

585 vote(s)
    63.8%
  1. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

is it possible to trade nene for howard do we have enough cap space to do that?

2. crocktees

crocktees Member

Series? Gasol has a history of not taking
    care of business. The years Bynum was hurt,
    no ring. Last year no ring. More athletic
    or bigger players have abused him in the
    post-season for years. Hell the Rockets
    almost won their series even after Yao went
    down because of their soft interior. There
    is a reason Gasol was first on the block and
    not Bynum. I'm not saying he's garbage, but
    he is not an elite player. Yet there are posts
    here claiming 3 seed.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I know everyone thinks we should build upon last year, but its probably that the Rockets take a step backwards and win less games. The loss of Adelman is huge, LOwry could come back down to Earth, etc. etc. The team needed to take steps forward.

The way I look at it is that Kevin Martin just came off his best season. He is built for the Adelman offense and his offensive gimmicks. In all likelyhood Martin's production will drop significantly without Adelman, with the new rule changes and he could very well get injured again.

To me this is a sell high on Martin.

This also allows us to play Lee, who is a better defender, and frees up time for Williams who may or may not be a good player. But its important for us to know what we have in him, before our decision for a team option comes up next years.

We all love Scola. The guy is just an amazing player, but Gasol is flat out better than him. He is taller, more crafty with the ball and a better defender. Trading for a guy who is 31 is a sure sign the Rockets are interested in winning immediately, so I would expect other similar moves to trade youth for more established players (Iggy comes to mind)

Dragic was a good young player, but PG is the most saturated position in the league. We were able to nab Flynn, a lottery pick, for practically nothing. Maybe he takes a step forward? Regardless, he is in the same boat as williams. A team option coming up, we need to know what we have.

The pick is not very good. There was hope Amare's knees could disentegrate and the Knicks could be bad, but adding Chandler all but assures that team will be good and the pick will be bad.

This is a solid trade, specifically if we land Nene/Gasol. Either of those pieces would make the foundation for a devestating frontline.

1 person likes this.
  4. outlaw96

outlaw96 Member

I think it was best trade for the hornets. they were stuck with Cp3 and could not go any higher.

For houston - Pau is a monster. His stats in lakers were very good (and would be even higher on most other teams). And he for sure can play C, he's not good outside shooter but more a monster in a paint. if not bynum, pau was always a center. And to all who doubts about his motivation, he is real professional with great sporting attitude. There are no worries he will not give his best.

For the lakers - PG is what they needed most, but now it will be very hard for them without odom and gasol. I wonder to whom cp3 will be doing his assists, kobe does not need passes.

5. cod

cod Member

He's played for a spanish team before was in the NBA.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

What was the percentage that David Lee played at Center in NY?

Is he a real Center?

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Are you referring to Nene or Gasol? I watched plenty of the Lakers (they are always on TV) and they were at their best with Bynum manning the C position. There is a reason LA kept dragging him out there in the postseason on 1 leg.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

1 more point and 1 more rebound than Luis...at more than twice the price.

DD

9. buffalobills!!!

Jonathan_Feigen Jonathan Feigen
    Kevin Martin, not able to practice with Rockets and still not with the Hornets, just arrived at Toyota Center to work out on his own.

10. yowyOw

yowyOw Member

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Martin: "Hopefully, the trade goes through. I feel like I'm still locked out. I just want to play bball. They made it clear what they want."

12. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

Kevin Martin, not able to practice with Rockets and still not with the Hornets, just arrived at Toyota Center to work out on his own.

13. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

14. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Gasol took care of business against Garnett, no small feat, in the 2010 Finals. People seem to forget so quickly that he, not Kobe, should have been the Finals MVP

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Martin clearly ready to move on.

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I guess Chuck Hayes is a real center too. :rolleyes:

18. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Martin: "Hopefully, the trade goes through. I feel like I'm still locked out. I just want to play bball. They made it clear what they want."

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

Did NY ever win back to back championships with Lee there?