1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motiejunas signs two year deal in Poland

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Sep 22, 2011.

1. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Are you really going to argue with me on this?

Seriously? You are just showing that you have no clue what you are talking about. You don't even know these basic facts yet you make it seem like I'm trolling..........

Why don't you look at this genius,

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/44607/180/item

Now, kindly show me a single Euroleague record that is before the year 2000 please.

And FYI, the Euroleague began in the 1957-58 season, just so you know.

2. Convictedstupid

Actually it shows I read an article saying he set the euroleague record. Why don't they have records from before 2000?

3. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Wow of video of him playing defense too!:eek:

4. Convictedstupid

But where's the passing?

5. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Like I said, the "record" since the year 2000.

They have records from before the year 2000 but they don't list them and they don't count them. Because in 1999 the owner of Euroleague (FIBA Europe) lost the ownership of the league.

In the year 2000-01 the teams played in their own leagues that they made. So actually, it's odd that they even count and include that season.

Anyway, in 2001 the new owners of Euroleague came in and because they were different owners they decided by themselves arbitrarily that they were not going to count and or recognize any stats, titles, games, or records from the Euroleague when the previous owners controlled it.

There was a lot of anger at this decision not to even acknowledge the league existed prior to their ownership of it. So, as a compromise they decided to recognize officially that the league did in fact exist prior to them owning it and they counted all the games, seasons, and championships.

However, they still refused to count any stats or records from before they owned it.

So, it would be like if a new commissioner replaced Stern and then the first thing he did was void all NBA records that existed. Just because a new commissioner voided all the records does not mean they did not exist.

And if you don't believe me, look at this:

http://www.euroleague.net/history

As you can see, the Euroleague existed for well over 50 years............but as you can also see here ---> http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/44607/180/item

they refuse to acknowledge any records from before the year 2000.

So, to be correct, Motiejunas had the most defensive rebounds in a Euroleague game since the year 2000, or since the current owners of the Euroleague were in control.

It is NOT however "a Euroleague record".

It's just like ESPN's "records". if you will notice when ESPN lists "records" for the NBA they usually say 'since the ABA merger".

When ESPN lists NFL records they usually say "since the AFL merger". It's because of someone deciding only stats should count since the merger.

Well in this case, the owners of the Euroleague have decided that no stats or records should count from Euroleague from before they owned it.

Hopefully, that clears it up for you.

6. Rivers

Rivers Member

7. Rivers

Rivers Member

18:00 Asseco Prokom - Lietuvos Rytas
    Live Streaming Video Basketball : VTB United League
    Saturday (10 December) 18:00 (GMT +3)

JONAS VALANCIUNAS the 5th PICK VERSUS DONATAS MOTIEJUNAS the 20th PICK

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

FYI that's 10:00am ET.

9. Rivers

Rivers Member

Clash of the Titans!
    Donatas "D-Money" Motiejunas:
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fdfhROSwhoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Jonas "JV" Valanciunas
    <iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c2nqy4EhpXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

does the deal have nba out? (sorry this thread is tl;dr)

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Yes he does. (See first post of the thread ;))

Also, re Motiejunas camping at the 3point line too much, 64% of Euroleague power forwards (15MPG minimum) take 30% or more of their shot attempts from three point range.

[​IMG]
    via in-the-game.org

As I explained previously Prokom simply runs a lot of sets with Motiejunas being used as a floor spacer. That's coaching and it sure isn't uncommon as the graph shows.
    If your a Euroleague PF and have 3 point range it's all but guaranteed that your coach will you use you to space the floor.
    I do agree that Motiejunas at times isn't assertive enough and spends a little too much time standing at the 3point line, but most of the time it's by design.

12. purplefever

purplefever Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  13. Rivers

Rivers Member

Incredible one handed poster dunk on Lawrence Roberts, foul should' ve been called to make it and1.

14. Rivers

Rivers Member

GAME WINNER! BY DMO WOWOWOIOW JIFJIWF

15. Rivers

Rivers Member

GAME WINNER!!!! OVER JONAS VALANCIUNAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Rivers

Rivers Member

W000T HE JUST MADE A GAME WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

17. Rivers

Rivers Member

Asseco Prokom - Lietuvos Rytas: Motiejunas or Valanciunas? IT'S MOTIEJUNAS
    Motiejunas made two pointer of the backboard while nba 5th pick JV was defendind him and he hit it he score

18. Rivers

Rivers Member

Donatas Motiejunas made a game winner over Jonas Valanciunas and score 16 points while grabbing 5 rebouns. Jonas Valanciunas socred 5 points grabbed 7 rebounds.
    Donatas Motiejunas is a draft steal. He will be better Pau Gasol someday.

19. Rivers

Rivers Member

By the way his free throws 8/11 :) he's getting better by seconds

1 person likes this.
  20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What a turn of events.

I know it's just one game but most of us wanted Valanciunas if he falls to our pick.

D-Mo is becoming a really impressive player. There is no doubt that he's probably untradeable.