1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Ready to Quit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theDude, Dec 9, 2011.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

If DM is gonna pay Nene what hes gonna get paid.... let me hold the door open for him as he leaves.... waaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced.

2. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

So y'all complain about the rockets not contending, but when Morey finally has a chance to make them a playoff team, y'all complain its too much. I hope this trade goes through and all the Morey haters vanish like the YOF's.

3. kjayp

Im all for contending - vehemently opposed to tanking, but I'll pass on aother Stromle Swift contract...

4. Kukai

Kukai Member

I too was not a fan of the proposed trade. I say stay pat and give Thabeet a try. Kevin McHale is supposed to be a Big's coach, so let him work on Thabeet.
    Sink or swim in this short season. Keep the draft picks and see what develops for next years Free agency. Don't necessarily need him to score just get some rebounds, swat a few (which he can do) and just get in the way. Bring in Motiejunas next year for same treatment.

BTW Morey is going nowhere. Radio banter and hyperbole. Really disappointment, thy name is GM.

Remember current Rox made a decent push in the end of last season.

The real problem is the NBA should have NEVER picked up ownership of A team and certainly not the Hornets. The are not too big to fail. This is what you are guaranteed to get even trying to deal with the Hornets under this situation.

5. kjayp

I say grab what you can on the cheap.... hell ill even take Tamac for the vet min hes reportedly taking...a cheap VC....lets plug in some aged talent for 20 min a game and let the kids (Thabeet, Jordan, Flynn, etc) get some court time... then hit next years FA crop with a better understanding of the pieces we have...

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Sometimes the people that post in these threads make me cringe at the average intelligence of the modern NBA fan.

I am totally bummed at how this messed with where we finally saw Morey able to complete his master strokes and create a team that would be closer to a contender... now he's had at least three huge set backs to his plans in 24 hours for no logical reason.

Sigh... this is going to be a crappy season.

1 person likes this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We are not tanking, get used to it.

At worst, we would be getting significantly better trading chips with Pau and Nene...

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Worst Rockets off-season ever.
    We're losing players left and right, and now our GM wants out too?

9. Relentless

Relentless Member

We lost chuck hayes to a contact that I'm glad we didn't match. I guess he's left, who's right?

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Ming?

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Potential pickups too.
    Not to mention that CP3 trade will probably go through with some small modifications. Leaving us without Scola, Martin, Gragic and giving us a very pissed of Gasol.

12. Broford

Broford Member

There is no "try" to be given with Thabeet. He simply has no talent as a basketball player. The only thing that he is remotely semi-competent at is blocking shots, and even that's more of a side product of him accidently raising his hands up at the right time.

Honestly, we should just throw Thabeet to the Lakers in the trade. It'll make the owners happy since the Lakers will get to pay his bloated salary.

13. FakeDarylMorey

daryl morey ready to quit

Im not planning on quitting .I put all the information in my super computer and it wouldnt be prudent at this juncture.I know the trade will go through cuz the lakers get what they want

14. FakeDarylMorey

dont worry about gasol ill reunite him with snuffalafagus, tell les alexander to stop laughing like hes inhaling helium because hes looking like droopy the dog. i will then sign jason richardson and trade for o.j. mayo

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well I will take CD's word for it when he says he has potential, works hard and just needs work on his footwork.

I mean I find it hilarious that he played 2 games for the Rockets for 2 minutes in each game and folks have an opinion when the chances of them actually seeing him play in an NBA game are less than 5%.

DD

16. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

i say let him leave as long as we keep all our players.

17. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Lol master stroke really. His master stroke is to create a team that is closer to a contender, a contender for what a first round playoff exit. Morey has done nothing for the rockets. With gasol and nene or without gasol and nene were going nowhere fast

18. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Bingo. It amazes me that any "smart" basketball fan would believe that a soft overpaid, aging fast Gasol, and an injury prone borderline all star like Nene, puts this Rocket team into future contender status. It might make us first round playoff fodder at Very Best. If this is Moreys masterplan then he definately should retire.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pau Gasol is younger than Luis Scola, and demands far more on the trade market.
    Nene is 150 days older than Kevin Martin and demands far more on the trade market.

Pau Gasol and Nene are arguably two top 5 centers, and demand far more on the trade market.

This is about upgrading accumulated assets, and doing it again and again and again until we are a contender. By no means was this the last trade on earth for the Rockets. No one was expecting it to make us contenders, but we would have stayed the same age, and obtained much more value.

1 person likes this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Pau Gasol is won 2 titles as the main big man on the Lakers (Bynum averaged 17 and 24 mpg in the playoffs these years),once battling Dwight Howard, one against Garnett and the Celtics. I'd take that kind of "softness" any day.

Also, Gasol's PER over the last 4 seasons: 21.6, 22.2, 22.9, 23.3.

I like this kind of "fading fast."