1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chandler/Nene to meet with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Dec 4, 2011.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Actually, I think the Warriors can offer that contract (almost to the penny!) if they just amnesty Charlie Bell.

My money's on THAT happening over letting Biedrins go.

2. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

thanks for clearin this up

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thabeet had more hype than both of these guys currently have. You're just hating as usual. This 2012 draft is not all that. Equal to 2011 if you ask me.

4. meh

meh Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind signing Chandler as a package deal with Paul. There's no chance Morey's offer will be the highest unless he knows CP3 is coming too. Although the weird thing is, CP3 should not want Chandler on his team if he wants Dwight Howard on said team instead.

5. lild713

lild713 Member

PLEASE POST SOME NEWS....that be nice DWIGHT N CP3!!! Be a DREAM COME TRUE FOR US..but I doubt it...CP3 goin to the knicks n Dwight i dont kno. Lakers?

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The report said they would amnesty Beidrens, and if they sign Chandler, they really don't need 2 centers drawing 9+ million a year.

DD

7. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

It depends on how much you think Biedrins draws in the amnesty auction.

I think there's a pretty good chance he gets 4-5 million, could be more.

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Really? Not a chance. If chandler Is going to get 15 mil a year then what will Nene get? I just don't see the Rockets giving that much.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Given that Chandler gets $60 mil, 4 years, I am guessing this is also what Nene will be offered by some team.

Do you guys think either of these guys is worth it?

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Respectfully, to each his own.

I think Chandler is a stiff. Regardless of what the market dictates, I think it's hysterical that someone like Chandler is worth ballpark the same amount of money the Nene and Gasol types are (players that are 100x more skilled than he is).

Call me crazy but I'd rather sign someone like Fesenko for 1/5th of the price and hope he "breaks out". And by breaking out, I mean perhaps seeing if he can sustain his impressive defensive +/- numbers on both a new team and with more minutes.

11. eugeniu

eugeniu Member

welcome to Houston Samuel Dalembert :grin:

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I really have to agree with this. I just don't see the Warriors tying up that much cap space on on position.

13. Sooner423

Who's out there that will offer Nene that? I guess the Nets or Pacers? I guess we'll see how it plays out.

If the number is 15 mill per year, then, no, I don't see the Rockets offering that.

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I think Tyson Chandler is worth that much Right now, but I don't believe he will maintain his production for 3 additional years, and the contract will cripple Golden State in the future when they are worried about curry leaving.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Neither are.

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Even so, that at least $12M that the Warriors have to eat over the next three years. Why not just eat $4.1M (minus whatever anyone may bid on Bell) over one year?

Hey, I hope the Warriors amnesty Biedrins. Just saying is all.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Considering CP3 is worth more than whatever max figure he'll get, it balances out in the end. But like I said, CP3 is part of the deal or it's no go.

18. Sooner423

You could be right. I just don't think it's all that unfeasible for them to amnesty Biedrins.

Having that 9 mill off the books gives them more cap flexibility going forward.

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Ken Berger says Knicks could offer 4 yr deal starting at $14 million if they amnesty Billups.

Is it just me or is that insane for Tyson freakin Chandler? The guy is solid but is obviously coming off of a contract year performance. This guy was run of the mill a couple of years ago and now he's getting a borderline superstar contract.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

So Chandler to NY(?) and Nene back to Denver(?)

ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

#260 J.R., Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
    1 person likes this.