1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gameplay Trailer for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 24, 2011.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just spent about 30 grand buying and starting to furnish my Solitude house. I haven't bought one in Markarth yet. I don't know that I'll ever be able to there though. I don't get along too well with the leadership in Markarth.

2. joesr

joesr Member

No one has Windhelm?

Man, Riften and Solitude are just so far away.. Has anyone figured out a legit way of divorcing? And no eating your chick as a werewolf doesnt count.

3. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Windhelm is the only one I'm missing. Getting the house is bugged for a lot of people.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

With fast travel, does it really matter?

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fast travel feels like cheating to me. The game world seems much more real if you don't use it.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I just got to lvl 20 last night, and haven't gone anywhere in the main story line lol.

So much other stuff to do, and explore.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There's just stuff all over the place, and to an extent, I agree with what Ottomaton about fast travel (although having to walk across the map like I've been doing would be a nightmare). It's neat all the things you can run into just taking the roads. Yesterday I saw this guy walking a peculiar animal to giants to get sacrificed apparently.

8. Uprising

Yeah, I use the fast travel. I just pick up too much crap.

I have hundreds of stuff in my closets and trunks in my house. I need to sell it. But the stores run out of money to buy it from me. LOL.

9. joesr

joesr Member

ooooh whats bugged about it???

the only bug i got so far was a nightmare quest, when I enter the temple, the guy I am following isnt there

10. joesr

joesr Member

I have a barrel that holds extra items for sale, lol

I even have a gem drawer, even though they are light

11. joesr

joesr Member

I dont exactly feel like its cheating but I tend to run more often then fast traveling, mainly to pick up flowers~!

12. Uprising

Yep. I only use fast travel when I'm nearly over whelmed (overweight) or if I just finished an area and have some expensive heavy goods.

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Is anyone playing on PS3? Or planning to? If so, don't bother. Game becomes more or less unplayable after your saves becomes a certain size (more play time = bigger save files). I'm not sure Bethesda will do much to fix it (seems tied to their engine, which they clearly don't seem eager to replace...even though they said they did). Probably more likely that they're going to make it worse with DLC.

I love Bethesda, but it is pretty inexcusable to put out a game in that condition, especially since it is the same issues that plagued Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. I'll be playing on PC (with tons of RAM), so no worries for me. But really sucks to spend $60 on a game that will quit working after 30 hours or so of game time.

[/rant]

14. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The new patch kinda helped but I'm told that its mostly the older heavier ps3s that freeze. My game was fine until and now freezes. Like I said, the patch kinda helps.

15. joesr

joesr Member

how often do you freeze? Ive gotten it a couple times, not enough to make it a pattern or piss me off and I do tend to get pissed at games for this stuff.

Im lvl 53 so I am sure my saves are big.

16. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I noticed this too. At the start I could have marathon sessions but as I got up to lvl 25+ I noticed the game started lagging quite a bit after a couple hours of playing. The only solution I found was limiting my play to only about 2 hours per session

17. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Hmmmm, that would be nice, except for the fact that I sincerely believe that Markath is douchebag city and it needs to be burned to the ground.

Some spoilers about minor quests below:

One problem I'll admit I have with this game is that I feel that some of the quests are too closed-minded. No, I'm not helping some cannibal chick run around and restart her cult - I just flat out killed her after hearing her request. I may be part of the Dark Brotherhood, but there's no freaking way I'll help kill the Emperor. And I have no interest in becoming a Nightingale and stuck guarding some tomb for all eternity if I want to kill Mercer. Point me to where he is, and I'll kill him and everyone in his path. I'm easily capable of doing it.

tl;dr too many quest-important characters for such an open-ended game.

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

19. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

It is part of a quest.

Further details here.... http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Hjerim

20. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Bought the Solitude house last night. The 25k asking price was eye opening to say the least. Managed to buy it and all the furnishings thought I was left with next to nothing goldwise. Want to become a thane of all the major towns that you're allowed to, but it's going to cost a ton of gold to buy houses everywhere.