1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gameplay Trailer for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 24, 2011.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

What is the point in trying to break the game, a single player RPG to boot? I find much more enjoyment playing it straight, or actually "role" playing with different character builds like pure melee, pure mage, spellsword etc. I rarely pickpocket or steal anything, unless I am playing my thief build, in which case I steal everything.

2. joesr

joesr Member

Why not role play a follower training you for free? (train and trade to get money back...)

3. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

point taken

I'm at 26 and really haven't done much. The guild quests and part of the main one was all done in the last 4 sessions. I spent all the rest of my time loot collecting.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

How do you re-enchant something? My Sword no longer has the magic abilities.

5. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Use soul gems to recharge an enchanted item. When looking at the item in your inventory there should be a button to charge it (T on the PC) if you've got a filled soul gem.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You guys do realize how many of these would make good signature quotes, right?

7. Uprising

I'm so confused on those soul gems too. Need to find a tutorial. Like, I remember the game telling me at some point that you can take the "souls" from weapons that destroy the weapons and store it in the gems.

But I have no idea how to do it, didn't pay attention lol. :(

I have tons of gems, and some with stuff in them. I have an XBOX 360 controller that I use on my pc for Force Feedback etc. SO keyboard keys don't work.

Thanks though!

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

hit the wikis Ups.

I think I linked them 4 or 5 pages back.

9. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

I think you may have gotten enchanting mixed up with capturing souls.

To capture souls, you must use a Soul Trap spell (or Soul Trap enchanted weapon) and kill the affected target within the spell's time limit. If you have an empty soul gem that is large enough to hold your target's soul, you will capture their soul into the soul gem. The filled soul gem can then be used to enchant regular items or recharge enchanted ones. Black Soul Gems are the only ones that can hold the souls of Humans, Elves, Orcs, etc.

To learn an enchantment (for example Resist Fire), you must Disenchant an enchanted item (with Resist Fire) in your inventory. The item is destroyed when you Disenchant it. The strength of the enchantment is dependent on your Enchantment skill and the strength of the soul in your filled soul gem.

I hope this helps a bit. :)

Oh, and a quick Google search turned up Right Bumper (RB) as the button to press to recharge enchanted items. I'm not using a controller at the moment so I can't confirm whether it actually is or not.

10. Uprising

Thanks.

One thing I hate, is how a dog or your horse always follows you. Wish I could keep him at the staples at times.

11. joesr

joesr Member

It has its good points like when you have to go up the mountain and luckily your horse followed you but i agree otherwise. 2 horses of mine died and I havent bothered buying a new one

12. joesr

joesr Member

Anyone got the house in Markath or Windhelm?

I want a new house, one that comes with enchanting table. Has ample storage and a near by forge (Whietrun is perfect for that, but nearest enchanting table sucks)

13. joesr

joesr Member

I just want to add on to this.

To recharge your weapons, you must have a soul gem w/soul. Highlight your weapon and you should have the option to refill/recharge and doing so consumes your gem.

14. Uprising

I usually just steal one, until I got Frost for free. Ride him around now. Although, right after I posted that he stayed in the town. :) Looks like he'll stay there until I ride him away. Nice.

15. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

Yeah, I had 4 horses so far and each one of them died because they rush to fight an enemy that outmatches them by far. The last one I had was Shadowmere. Eventually I just got tired of reloading saves to try and keep them alive and I just let Shadowmere die. I just run everywhere now.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

Solitude house has an enchantment table and alchemy lab. It's fairly close to the forge.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I might do the same for the same reason. But the one in Solitude, from what I understand, is the one that will wreck your bank account...

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Once you max out 100 speech and get all the perks for it, then you can make 10k gold in about 30 minutes from doing quests (or just exploring) and grabbing loot.

And Solitude + Full upgrades is like 35,000 gold. Not sure.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Lvl 20 and haven't done too much main quest, haven't got any time in the week. All I got left are fridays and weekends, my gaming days are over. :(

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Markarth House is farrrrr nicer than Solitude, which is a waste of 25 grand...