1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gameplay Trailer for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

Counter strike killed my inner child. I can't play any games for fun anymore, so I can't play single player games. Though I want to play Skyrim, but I find it to be a huge waste of time if I cannot 'own others'. Even though video games are inherently a time sink.

Yea, I'm weird.

2. joesr

joesr Member

giant knocked her in the air and thats where she landed maybe? Funny though

3. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

~Skyrim noob here~ Just picked this up today at GameStop, probably won't be able to settle down and play it until tomorrow, any important advice/information I should know beforehand??

4. joesr

joesr Member

start from page then asked more questions lol

5. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

I have read through the thread, most of it is peoples progress on the game, how much they are creaming their pants to get it, or new features they want. I'm looking for some background on the structure of the game, because right now all I can gather is that you have a companion, and you can level up skills such as smithing, etc.

6. joesr

joesr Member

You lvl up when you earn a certain amount of lvl up in skills. From my understanding, mobs lvl up with you so if you lvl up smithy maxed before any combat skills your kinda hurting yourself in fighting.

you dont have to follow the main quest line, in fact im pretty sure the majority of posters on here arent.

each companion has dif set skills. Lydia (after first main quest is done) is a one hander and shield person. Faendal (in first city) is a archer. i want to find a mage.

you can get houses (more storage), married (more income). Concentrate on all skills honestly. even if your a mage do smithing or if your a melee do alchemy.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Skyrim

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Within

two places for information, you can find justabout all available details

that should get you started, then come back with more specific questions.

1 person likes this.
  8. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I hit Destruction 100 and just finished the quest to get the Master level spells. All of I have to say about that is... Lightning Storm is some crazy shee

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xBcyoqbuP5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's too funny.

For some reason I can't get married. I got the amulet, and completed asking maramol about the wedding questions, but the dialogue about marriage never pops up. I've gone to NPC's that I've completed the quests for, and still never get the option to talk to them about anything different.

It might be because I did Maramol stuff in a different order. I had a different Amulet of Mara on, when I did the dialogue options. Then when it didn't work, I sold that one, and talked to Maramol again and bought his amulet of Mara for 200 gp.

I don't know if that's the problem or not.

10. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

That's ok. Marriage ain't for everyone, as you can see from the Clutchfan polls.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Blade, check here and see if you have met all the criteria for marriage.

1 person likes this.
  12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Thanks. For some reason when I cranked it back up today and put the amulet on again I was getting the dialogue, though not with Lydia even though I've met the requirements listed. I did see some issues with Lydia's marriage dialogue not there, so I just married someone else.

Game is amazing. I got around to doing some of the main quest items. I still have a ways to go with that, but along those quests I ended up acquiring plenty of other side quests, so I'm going to focus on those for a bit.

Though, sadly, after this weekend my game time will be limited for a while again because of work and other real life obligations. I feel like I could easily spend a whole week doing nothing but this game, if time permitted.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The only thing I've been doing latey is collecting words of power so I can become a walking shoutbox. lol. Again... what was the main quest again? I forget. I'm still only level 15. :) I'll have mid-December until the end of the year off, so I'll have more time to focus on gaming. Woo.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Level 48 here. ;)
    I completely dicked around with allocating my perks and Im pretty much a jack-of-all-trades guy right now...
    Next playthrough I'll focus on a couple of skill trees.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That House of Horrors quest in Markarth sucked.... just sayin'.... :mad:

16. aggie87

aggie87 Member

same here, I invested in light armor, heavy armor, magic, enchanting, 2 handed, and one handed.....it die alot because of it

17. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

So I decide to throw Skyrim in and play for a while. I start wandering around, working on my Smithing skill, you know little things. Next thing I know it's been almost 8 hours and I've added about 15 new quests.

I need to be careful or Skyrim will consume my life.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

That's what always happens to me. I set off with a single goal in mind, and end up with a handful of quests and a dungeon to clear out, having long since forgotten what my original plan was.

It's hard to get anything done. Something ALWAYS pulls me off course, a dragon, a dungeon, a seemingly innocent mini-quest, or most of the time collecting too much loot and having to return to base to sell it all, and then a little smithing, then some enchantng, then you need more soul gems and before you know it you realize you haven't left your room in 3 days.

I keep telling myself, leave the loot you've got plenty of money. But i just can't do it, thats then time monster.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Yeah, it doesn't seem like there's much of choice not to do some things that
    goodly
    characters wouldn't do.
    I was trapped into that stuff, and I thought I was going against the evil god by rescuing the guy, but turns out his god was evil as well.

20. hkEvo

hkEvo Member

The Daedric Princes/Lords are inherently evil with the exception of a few. So if you decide to do any quests for them, you should expect to possibly have to do something bad. For example, that "House of Horrors" quest in Markarth has you meeting Molag Bal - the Daedric Prince whose sphere of influence is the domination and enslavement of mortals. You could probably tell as soon as you met him (or walked into the house even) that he was going to ask you to do something less than savory.

Another example would be when you find the Shrine of Boethiah. You must sacrifice a follower (basically someone who is a friend and trusts you) in order to summon Boethiah. Again, this is something a "good" character wouldn't do.

If you want to role-play a good guy it might be best to try and skip most of the quests for the Daedric Princes. The only downside is that you miss out on some good Daedric Artifacts.