1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Cougars Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Chopped, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bowl system is a joke. If we lose to Tulsa we dont get to play in a championship and we have to go to $200,000 bowl game and play Navy or some crappy team like that? Just not fair. But we will kick some ass friday so we wont have to worry about that :cool:

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

lmao

I'll remind you of UH's rich tradition of bowl attendance, straight from the Cotton Bowl Exec's mouth: "I hate it when Houston is invited to the Cotton Bowl, because half of their fans go to the 7-11 for dinner and the other half go to rob it"

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Hell, if we can bring 20K to the friggin' Armed Forces Bowl, 30K to the Sugar is not a problem.

And lol @ biggie, living in the past... all the way down to his sig. I guess that's all he has to hold onto now :(

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Man it must really suck being a Rice fan. We drop 73 on you but you still find a way to talk s***. Smh.

5. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

C-USA Championship Game info: Link

Another 11am game

6. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

brah brah, seriously. what room do you have to talk this year at all?

7. AXG

AXG Member

Dang, I'll be taking the LSAT that day. :( Oh well, studies are more important. UH is gonna win anyway.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

At the time, that comment was not only hateful and untrue, but it was also racist. Probably a bitter UT fan tired of losing to UH.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

lol, how long have you been on clutchfans?

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the cotton bowl official and not biggie.

11. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Leave the over-senstive race baiting to people like Reverend Al.

What about Rice though. Half of them would stand outside protesting the bowl game as being controlled by old white greedy capatilists. Unless it was the "Art bowl." hahahaha. lmao.

12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Scoreboard

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

My wife and I went to that Cotton Bowl and had shirts printed up. Hers said "I eat at 7-11", mine said "I rob them".

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Championship ticks $40 at the alumni center. Cheapest tick on stub hub $100

15. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Shouldn't you guys be worrying about scheduling a team you can beat so you can get to "Rice Moral Victory" level of 3 wins next year.

I know...why don't you get Vandy to come in and play their back-up's so ya'll have a chance.

The winner gets to call their school "The Harvard of the South" for a year without the other ones alums protesting. AND Your school gets mentioned in an episode of The Big Bang Theory.

16. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Where are 7-11's these days? Have an updated insult at the very least. Even "Cougar High" is still somewhat funny. Someone is showing their age.

17. digitalbreach

digitalbreach Member

Coogs came ready to play in second half ...loved it.
    Looking forward to next game at the Rob.

18. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its going to be fun next Saturday. Coogs have a chance to punch their ticket to the BCS.

19. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

Coogs should definitely beat So Miss and get to the BCS.

I am still anticipating the possibility of chaos that could leave UH and LSU as the only two undefeated teams and everyone else (except Boise) with at least 2 losses. Tomorrow is going to be an awesome day of football, whatever happens.

2:30 - #2 Alabama at #24 Auburn - CBS
    2:30 - #5 Va Tech @ Virginia - ABC/ESPN2
    7:00 - #22 Notre Dame at #6 Stanford - ABC

All 3 of those games could go in the Coogs favor, and I don't think it is a huge stretch of the imagination for that to happen. If Stanford or Alabama win, neither of them would have to progress to a conference title game (unless Oregon lost to Oregon St), so both teams would remain at 1 loss and ahead of the Cougars. Let's just say all 3 teams that UH needs to lose do so, then only Oklahoma State and Boise State would remain at 1 loss. The Cowboys have the Bedlam game next Saturday, and I have to think that UH will pass Boise with the wins over Tulsa and Southern Miss (assuming that happens).

Am I saying that UH is better than all those hypothetical 2-loss teams? No. But if the BCS title game is designed to determine the BEST team in the nation, it seems they would have a hard time defending putting a 2-loss team, that you know is NOT the best in the nation, into the title game. You would have the only two undefeated teams sitting there, waiting to play each other. Or, if the BCS doesn't like the Coogs, it would be total chaos trying to select one of the 2-loss teams, or a 1-loss Boise for that matter.

20. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Would be nice and a lot of fun to see. Too bad my Sooners are gonna f--k all that up by laying an egg in Stillwater.