1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Felipe Lopez

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 3814, Nov 19, 2002.

1. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Man, being from Vancouver and all, if this guy actually lived up to the hype that once surrounded him, it would have been great. In Vancouver, Felipe was one of the best players on the team to the community. This guy is a class act and a really neat person. I remember one time he went up into the stands before the game to an area where a bunch of Dominican Republic fans wearing his jersey were, he talked to them a bit, signed some autographs and then went back down to shoot some hoops.

This guy was put onto the front cover of Sports Illustrated!

"sh*t, when I was coming up, they compared me to Michael Jordan—Michael Jordan!" said Lopez, "Now, how can anyone live up to that billing? It's crazy."

I love the guy, and it's just tough to see him out for the season. It's a shame that he had so much pressure on him, cuz he's really a great guy...i mean, he even liked his time with the Vancouver Grizzlies :). "I love New York a lot and I've made a lot of friends there, but in Vancouver, I've managed to win the heart of their people and they treat me like an idol. I don't regret coming to the Grizzlies."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. aaaa

aaaa Member

Yah, as a fellow Vancouverite as well, I gotta give my props to Felipe.

Although he wasn't the best player on the team, he always gave it his all. Plus, he didnt complain like the others did (about the rain and whatnot). He just played. He was great to the community. And just because of that, he was damn popular in Vancouver. I wish him the best for his career.

3. wizard

wizard Member

My cuz wrote him an email last week to see how he's doing regarding his knee. Yeah from experience hes a real cool guy. Too bad his work eithic wasn't all there. Too bad he got hurt otherwise I could have gotten backstage passes again when he came into town.

4. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

what's his email? i'd love to email him and wish him luck. my email is countrykettner@hotmail.com if you wanna send me HIS email addy. thanks.

5. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

He was having a great preseason and camp and was expected to start for the T-Wolves but he got injured. What hurts even more is that it's a contract year for him too.